21

"good morning, angel."

luke lightly smiled as he walked into the kitchen where michael and carson were sitting at the breakfast table.

"i thought you were working today." luke said in his raspy morning voice.

"not after last night. i have to stay home and hold my two boys. make sure they're okay." michael said, and luke's heart swelled a little bit.

"are you hungry?" michael asked, and luke shook his head.

"no." he said softly as he sat down beside carson.

"alright. carson wanted to go to mom's for a little bit. i was thinking when i drop him off, if you wanted to get some of your stuff and bring it back that would be okay." michael said, and luke looked up at michael, smiling a bit.

"y-yeah, okay."

"luke is moving back in?!" carson asked quickly.

"only if it's okay with you.." michael said, and carson nodded, looking over to luke.

"i- luke, i'm sorry i called you dad. i didn't mean to i swear. it was an accident, and i'm sorry, but please come back." carson said nervously.

"carson, look at me..." luke said, and the little boy's eyes stopped nervously wandering as they settled on luke's face. "...don't apologize, and don't be upset about what you said. it was an accident, and i would never think you're weird for saying that. it's okay. there is nothing for you to be sorry for, and of course i'm coming home."

carson smiled, and michael reached over, ruffling the little boy's hair.

"hey, and maybe when i marry luke you can call him dad for real." michael said, making luke smile and look over at michael.

"i would be okay with you marrying luke. nobody else."

"that's good to hear. i would never pick anybody else."

carson sat his fork down, and looked up.

"when do you think i'll be able to pick somebody?" carson said, and michael shrugged.

"i don't know, buddy, but me and luke picked each other when we were just kids. you'll know when you've found the one. i promise." michael said, and carson furrowed his eyebrows.

"if you knew luke was the one than why did you break up with him?"

"you've got it all wrong. me and michael could never break up. you can't break up with a soul mate, you know? we might've stopped kissing and holding hands, but i knew he was gonna be in my life forever no matter what happened. me and michael can't break up. we might take breaks sometimes, but we always find our way back to each other, and every time we do, we're stronger than before." luke said, and michael looked at luke who was talking to the little boy and smiled.

"you're not gonna take any more breaks, right? i don't like it when you leave." carson said softly, and luke smiled a little.

"well, i don't know. what do you think, michael?" luke laughed, and the older man smiled, holding out his pinky to luke.

"no more breaks?" michael asked, and luke held out his pinky, linking it with michael.

"no more breaks."