6

luke smiled when michael's face popped up on his laptop screen.

"hey pretty."

"hi mikey."

luke giggled, and that made michael's heart completely melt as he saw luke sitting there in one of michael's old dark red sweatshirts with his glasses pushed up on his nose.

seeing luke smile made michael's day turn around completely. he had a really stressful day at work, but luke fixed that in just one second.

"that's my sweatshirt..." michael whispered, admiring luke completely.

"it's mine now."

"you look better in it anyways."

"no-"

luke stopped talking when he heard a door shut behind michael.

"calum- what are you doing here- shit." michael said, standing up, and luke just watched confused as michael moved out of the view of the camera.

he heard some quiet talking, and he couldn't really make out what they were saying for a second.

"thanks for everything, cal. i love you."

"i love you too. we still on for tomorrow?"

"of course. see you then."

when michael came back he looked a little stressed, and luke just looked down at the desk he was sitting in front of.

"who's that?" luke asked softly.

"don't worry about it. anyways-"

"i just wanna know who he is." luke said quietly.

"you remember calum from high school, right?" michael asked, and luke nodded.

"yeah. whenever he came around you didn't pay much attention to me anymore." luke said quietly.

he didn't like the conversation he heard. usually he wouldn't mind it, just figuring it was a close friend or something, but michael hasn't told luke a lot about his life, giving him just enough room to assume things even though he knows he shouldn't.

"hey, stop that." michael said quietly.

"why did you freak out when he came in though? i'm just confused." luke said, and picked at the sleeves.

"luke, can we not do this? it's nothing." michael sighed, and luke looked up, surprised at the change of tone.

"i didn't mean to make you mad. i just- nevermind. i'm sorry." luke whispered, looking back down.

"no, baby. i'm not mad. it's just been a really stressful day. i'm sorry for snapping like that." michael said, laying his head down.

"it's alright."

"hey, listen. i'm going to this party tomorrow. if you want you can come with me and calum."

"i don't know-" luke started.

"come on. please go. calum always gets too drunk and since i don't drink i always end up really bored. please go? for me?"

"only for you." luke laughed, making michael smile.

"great. i'll pick you up tomorrow at 9 okay?"

"alright."