31

"he looks beautiful doesn't he?" michael asked softly as he waited by the ocean.

"yeah, he does."

michael looked down at carson who was standing beside him in a little blue button up shirt that he picked himself.

"what about mama c?"

"she looks beautiful too."

michael smiled, and stood in front of the sunset with his hands crossed in front of him.

there was nobody around besides michael, carson, and the minister.

michael felt his heart start racing when he saw luke walking in his direction, holding karen's hand.

luke was wearing a pair of jeans that were cuffed at the bottom with a white button up shirt that had a few of the buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. his skin looked so tan, and his hair looked so beautiful as it started to curl at the ends.

he could see luke's beautiful smile from where he was standing.

"michael, were about to get married!" luke yelled, and michael laughed when luke started running towards him.

"i know." michael laughed as luke jumped into his arms. michael buried his head in luke's neck as luke held him close.

"you're my everything, luke." michael whispered, holding luke tight.

"i'm so in love with you."

michael sat luke down, and they joined hands, smiling like idiots at each other.

they focused on each other completely as the minister talked, unable to take their eyes off of each other.

"luke, i've never doubted that you're the one for me. even when you were in perth, you're all i could think about. there's nobody else like you. nobody else as caring, and patient, and understanding as you. i don't know why god decided i deserve you at all, but i thank him for you every day. besides carson, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. you make living so much easier, and you can turn my bad days into good days by just looking at me with those gorgeous blue eyes. i've never been in love with anybody else besides you. even when we were just kids i was in love with every little thing about you, and i still am times a thousand. you love me unconditionally, you love carson, and you love my mom more than anything in the world. you've always been my family."

luke smiled, and reached up, his hand on michael's cheek as one of michael's fell to his waist.

"you've always been my family, michael. when i didn't even have one, you took me in and allowed me to fall in love with you along the way. you've always been my protector, my best friend, the absolute love of my life. you make it so insanely easy to love you. you make me feel so safe and so incredibly loved. i've gotten to watch you be the best dad in the world to carson, and every time you hold him you display just how big your heart is for him. what you and carson have is so special, and i can't thank you enough for letting me be a part of it. thank you for giving me a family. my love for you grows every single day, and there's no way it could ever slow down..."

luke turned and looked at carson before letting go of michael's hands, and kneeling down in front of him.

"...i have some promises to make to you too, if that's okay. i promise i'm always gonna protect you with my life. i'm never gonna stop loving your dad, and i'm never gonna stop loving you. carson, you have become one of the most important things in my life, and i'm gonna cherish you forever. i know it can be hard to let somebody new into your family, but you allowed me to, and i can't thank you enough. you are always going to be me and michael's first priority, and you are always going to be more important than anybody else. i promise i'll always play dinosaurs with you, and we can always cuddle and watch movies when your dad has to work at night. that's never gonna change. i love you, i love you, i love you."

luke leaned forward and pressed a kiss to carson's forehead as michael wiped tears from his own eyes.

luke stood back up, and held michael's hands, getting a tight squeeze from them.

"michael, do you take luke to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"i do."

luke smiled as michael slipped the pretty ring on his finger.

"and luke, do you take michael to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"i do."

luke slipped the ring on michael's finger, squeezing his hand again.

"it is by the power vested in me that i now pronounce you husband and husband. michael, you may now kiss your groom."

michael pulled luke close, pressing their lips together. they could barely kiss because they were both smiling so much, but they managed to.

"luke clifford..." michael whispered, their foreheads together.

"sounds pretty, doesnt it?"

"it sounds just right."

-

did this end really abruptly? be honest

because i don't like making 3 books of the same story but this seems like another one wouldn't draw it out toooooo much ?

idk. i'll just dow whatever you guys want so tell me if this ended nicely enough to keep it at two books

or if more detail in a third wouldn't hurt

thank you all for reading !!!