9

luke looked at the building in front of him.

michael gave him an address and told him room 11 a.

luke stepped out, and walked towards the apartment he assumed was michael's.

he knocked on the dark red door, and waited nervously.

he looked up and smiled once he saw the older man open up the door, and step out.

"hey..." michael whispered, leaning against the door. he reached down, and took luke's hand in his. "...thanks for coming over."

"of course." luke said quietly, letting michael nervously play with his fingers.

"listen, i'm not ashamed of what i'm gonna show you, but i know it might be overwhelming. also, if you don't want to be with me anymore i understand." michael said quietly.

"just tell me. stop thinking like that, michael."

the older boy looked at luke one last time before he nodded, and opened the door.

luke stepped in, and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the floor littered with toys.

he turned around and looked at michael with confusion.

"i don't understand.." luke whispered, and michael started walking, nodding in luke's direction, signaling him to follow.

luke followed him to the kitchen area and his eyes widened a bit when he saw a toddler sitting at the table eating.

"carson? i want you to meet luke."

luke didn't know what to say as the little boy turned around.

"hello, luke. my dad talks about you all of the time." he said, and luke smiled a little.

"luke, this is my son, carson."

luke looked over at michael, and smiled, but there were still so many unanswered questions.

"michael, i- i don't know what to say." luke whispered.

"you could just say hi." the little boy said, making them both laugh.

"we'll be right back, okay buddy?" michael said, and the toddler nodded.

michael grabbed luke's hand and pulled him into a bedroom.

"michael- you have a son?" luke asked softly.

"yeah. he's all mine." michael said quietly, shutting the door.

"who's the mom?" luke asked.

"doesn't matter. she's long gone." michael said, and luke sat down on the bed.

"michael, this is incredible. i- wow. wait- how old is he?" luke asked.

"four."

luke looked up, michael sighed, sitting beside him.

"he was conceived a day after you left. i was so torn up and i couldn't handle it. i got so drunk and i obviously didn't know what i was doing because i slept with a girl. a couple months later i got a call from the same girl. she was pregnant."

"this is a lot." luke whispered.

"i know. i'm sorry i kept him from you." michael whispered.

the door opened and they saw the little boy squeeze through the small opening before shutting the door.

"is luke staying for cuddle time?" he asked, crawling onto michael's bed.

michael looked over at luke with a questioning look on his face. luke smiled a little, and nodded, making michael smile in return.

he thought luke would run off and never want to have anything to do with carson. he thought luke would at least be upset for a little bit that michael got somebody pregnant, or maybe just be upset that michael didn't tell him sooner.

he forgot how understanding luke is though.

"yeah, buddy. i think he's gonna stay." michael said, and carson smiled, sitting on luke's lap.

luke smiled brightly when the toddler hugged him. he wrapped his arms around the small brunette, and felt the boy's head on his shoulder.

"my dad loves you." carson said quietly.

"carson!" michael whined, and crawled up onto the bed, getting under the covers.

"it's okay. i love him too."