•4•

Faye stood there in the darkness looking at her surroundings. There was nothing. It was empty. No sane person would come so late at this park. She kept walking despite the fear that kept growing in her heart.

She took out her phone and looked at the blank screen. No texts, no calls. She bit her lips trying to hold back the tears.

She hated her boyfriend, she hated her friends who knew, she hated that she was pathetic and she hated that she was aware of all of this. Faye was a coward, she'd ignore looking at her grades if she thought they were bad and she would avoid people that could hurt her. At this moment, she didn't know how she was even capable of coping with all her fears right now.

Only one thing came to her mind. Going to the contact, she texted him.

From : Kino
Where?

She finally arrived in front of the cafe that she'd heard about so much. After sending the address, she entered. They were a few people inside. Some with friends and some with their significant other.

She looked at the time.

8 P.M

It wasn't that late, especially in Seoul where it seemed like people were more alive at night.

She sat on the table at a corner with barely any light.

8:05 P.M

She stood up and bought hot chocolate. Yes, it was hot but it was her comfort food so leave her alone.

8:20 P.M

Kino walked through the door and his eyes scanned the room until it landed on the girl that was drinking her hot drink quietly while looking out the window. Her ebony hair fell in front of her face making her stand out despite it probably being the last thing she wanted.

The rather subtile sound of the chair as he sat down caught her attention. She gave a genuine yet small smile.

"You don't look good." She commented taking a sip.

"You don't look any better." He retorted. She chuckled hiding behind her cup.

"I know what we can do."

"Me too."

"What are you going do do?"

Kino sighed.

"I'm going to break up with her tomorrow before I become a trainee again."

"Again?"

Kino nodded hoping she wouldn't interrogate him. Despite it looking like she would, she stayed quiet. Faye took another sip.

8:35 P.M

"I have another thing we can also do."

"What's that?"

"Break up with them. Just that. Nothing petty, no revenge. Just a text message."

Kino smiled at her.

"Let's do it now."

"Are you sure, Kino?"

"I want to move on and do something better."

She pressed her lips together and set her empty cup down.

"At nine o'clock."

They both took out their phone and wrote the message. It seemed like time stopped. Her eyes were glistening even under the dim light and his jaw was clenched. His eyes looked darker as he stared at the number on the clock slowly changing. The closer it got to nine, the more they felt tensed.

"This is the right thing to do?"

"Of course." He replied.

"Kino?"

"Are we gonna keep talking even after this?"

"Won't I just remind you of your boyfriend?" He asked looking at her doubtful yet hopeful eyes.

"It's not like I can forget him anyway. At least, I'll have a friend."

9 P.M

Message sent.