-20-

"A girl?" The man scanned from her toes to her curly short black hair. His eyes impressed by her looks but not by her talent. "I didn't expect that.."

"Does it matter that I'm a girl?" She forced a smile. She was a little too used to feeling like this. They never expected a girl, but being a foreign girl made them underestimate her even more.

"Of course not." Lie. "Just surprised. Your song was good. Have you decided on a price?" He wasn't looking at her but at her co-producer.

"Yes. Here you go." Hyunwoo handed him a paper and Faye had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes.

The CEO took out two checks and placed them in envelopes before placing each one in front of them.

"It was nice working with you. Hopefully in the future, we'll do it again. Come again with another great song." They shook hands yet he only only smiled at him.

Leaving the office made her blood boil. She sat down back in the car breathing heavily while Hyunwoo bit his lip feeling guilty he couldn't do anything about the mistreatment.

"Give me." She took the envelope from his hand before he could refuse and looked at the check. "I fucking knew it. I got less,"

She wanted to cry. This was so damn unfair. He patted her back.

"You're still new, I'm sure you'll get more later."

Lie #2.

|

"Did you cry?" Kino asked her over the phone.

"What about it?" She said wiping her remaining tears and closing her laptop. It was 8 P.M.

"You want to talk about it?"

"No."

"My filming starts tomorrow."

"Shouldn't you be sleeping? It's going to be a long month for you."

"I felt like I needed to call you. Want me to come by? I'm close by."

"Why?"

"Because you-"

"No. I meant why are you close by. What are you doing?"

"Oh, just chilling."

"Uh huh. Anyway, I look a mess."

"Okay but I'll send you something."

After thirty minutes of hanging up, a delivery of fried chicken arrived in front of her door steps. She couldn't help but be touched by the gesture. She thought Kino was just bluffing but he was actually serious.

From Kino
If I get into the group, I'll tell you a secret.