-15-

Whenever Faye felt sad or depressed she'd go hiking which consisted of her running until she could barely breath. She was incredibly terrible at handling her problems.

Her lungs were burning and her knees were bleeding from falling down but she didn't care. She sat on the grass and took a sip of lukewarm water from her bottle.

Her headphones were no longer in her ears but on the grass covered in ecstatic ants.

"Hey, are you okay?" A foreign girl asked as she ran up to Faye. Her eyes scanned Faye's bruised palms and bleeding knees.

"I'm fine."

"What's going on?" A boy asked following behind.

"She hurt herself."

"I'm fine, I swear."

The guy pulled out a first aid kit from his backpack. And handed it to the girl.

"I'm Mira." She introduced herself and she pulled out some band aids from the small white box. "This is my friend, Yuta."

"Thank you." Faye gave in and accepted that these two strangers were way too nice. She was a little taken aback that there were people there so early.

"We're going down. We can walk with you."

"I don't wanna disturb you. I've already-"

"Of course not!" Yuta said helping her stand up. "What are you doing here so early alone?"

"I run when I'm having a mental breakdown."

"No wonder you're in such good shape. You're so toned." Faye chuckled at Mira's words who smiled back at her sweetly.

"Aren't you hot?" Faye asked Mira who was wearing sweatpants.

"Not all of us are toned..."

"Fayette."

"Not all of us are toned, Fayette."

|

Entering her car she noticed her phone was ringing. Without checking the I.D, she picked it up.

"Where are you?"

"Why?"

"We need to talk."

"Now?"

"Yes."

She arrived outside of Kino's dorm an hour after the phone call. She would've preferred showering and changing before going to see him but he sounded way too impatient for that.

As soon as she parked, he jumped inside. Before she could even open her mouth, he grabbed her cheeks in his warm hands.

"I'm so sorry."

Her throat was dry and she couldn't form any words. In fact, she didn't know what was going on.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't stop her. This- this is all my fault." He was staring intensely in her eyes.

"How did you find out?"

He just shook his head and unbuckled her seatbelt before pulling her into a hug.

"I broke another promise, I'm sorry."

"Kino?"

"Yeah?"

"I think your friends are staring at us."

Kino turned around to look at four guys giving him a thumbs up.

"Kino?"

"Yeah?" He said with a defeated sigh and looked at her.

"You don't have to protect me but I'm glad you care about me. Can you keep doing that?"

"Caring about you?"

"That's all I ask so stop apologizing."

"But-"

"If something happened to you like what happened to me would you blame me?"

"No." He sighed again looking more frustrated by the second.

Faye smiled.

"But there's something I think you can do to help me.."

"What?"

She placed the vibrant red lipstick in his palm.

"Help me return this to her."