-17-

[do y'all want Kino and Faye to end up together? Or y'all wanna keep it a friendship lmao. Be sure to leave a vote and comment!]

Kino was dressed in only a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The man with the stern facial expression shook his head as he finished examining him.

"We'll add some more hours in your singing lessons... I'd ask you to lose weight but since it seems like you're not debuting any time soon... just don't gain any. Let me ask you a question?"

"What, sir?"

"Do you even want to be an idol? You were lucky that you got so many chances but it seems like you're taking all that for granted. Maybe this isn't what you should do."

"This is what I want. I'm sure of it." But his voice was trembling no matter how hard he tried to sound determined. The man just shook his head.

"You're done for the day. Starting next week, we'll add four more hours into singing lessons and we'll keep your weight in check. Ask Hui to come in."

Kino walked out that room with his head down and all the remaining motivation in him being sucked away. It felt like all the worries he'd try to suppress finally hit him like a ton of bricks. He was aware that everything told to him were facts but the pain that came from finally having to face them was too much.

He knew he couldn't give up but he didn't really feel like trying anymore.

|

"You sure you don't wanna eat?" Faye asked with her furrowed eyebrows and her teeth between her lower lips.

"I'm fine."

"Kino, you could barely walk when you came inside. That only happens when you're hungry."

"You know that?" Kino couldn't handle hunger well he'd always get dizzy easily if he didn't eat in a few hours but no one apart from his family knew that. How did she notice?"

"Of course." She rolled her eyes acting as if it was the most obvious thing ever to know about him. "Are you trying to lose weight?"

"Yeah. I need to impress the managers and ceo or I won't debut."

She nodded and walked over to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"Making something healthy. You like tuna? Or salmon and vegetable?"

"Huh."

"Listen- you don't have to lose weight by starving. That shit never works anyway. You should eat healthy instead."

He stared at her as she started gathering the ingredients. He was flustered. He expected her to tell him not to lose weight but she must know the harsh music industry.

Kino stood next to her while she cooked and kept giving him advice. Don't eat ramen. Don't eat chips. Don't eat cookies. But you're allowed to have a cheat day. Eating what you want once in a while is a right not cheating. Eat healthy food though.

"Kino?"

"I'm not the best cook or whatever but I know a bunch of healthy and tasty recipes. If you want, I could sometimes make them for you. With your packed schedule it must be hard to keep a good diet."

For a second, he felt his heart fluttering. Only a second though.

"Than- thank you."

Or maybe his heart fluttered for a minute.