-18-

[hello girlies AND gays! Who's ur fav ptg member?? Can y'all guess who's mine? Also if you don't vote, I'm gonna kill Kino. Sksksk]

Faye walked out the police station after filing a restraining order. Feeling slightly relieved but mostly afraid it wouldn't work. Does the law really keep you safe?

Sitting down in her car, her back pocket started vibrating and ringing.

"We're at an e-sports tournament at this cafe. Come over." Before she could even reply, Kino hung up and sent her the address. She rolled her eyes but decided to go knowing she really didn't have anything else to do.

She had to push through the crowds of teenagers wearing school uniforms until she finally found Kino standing there with who she guessed were his friends.

"You're here," he said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "This is my friend, Faye."

Faye smiled and said hello to the group of boys that slowly all introduced themselves. Because of all the noise and people, none of them really stood out her and she felt guilty for not remembering any of their names after they all walked away.

"Why are we here?" She asked into Kino's ear.

"One of our trainee is participating and we need to support. Cube family or something."

"And I'm here?"

"Because this is fun."

He was right. She was laughing at jokes that Jinho would make or how crazy they would get supporting Wooseok. Before an hour even passed, she knew all the names of the boys that she couldn't at first. They were all funny and kind, no wonder Kino invited her here. The only con of her coming was just that it reminded her of how awful her own friends were. Can they even be considered friends?

"Penny for your thoughts?" Hui asked walking over to Faye who was standing in the corner alone just observing those across from her.

"How well do you know Kino?"

"Well... I'm kind of the trainee leader? So I'd say well enough,"

"Is he happy?"

"Yeah. I mean, he does have his own problems but who doesn't? He's quite positive, I'm kinda jealous about that though."

"Me too." She smiled crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why are you being emo right now? We're going to get some barbecue if Wooseok wins."

"Y'all are gonna go even if he loses." Hui chuckled.

"Then we'll have to go to cheer him up."

"It's a win-win for him."

"Except for the person who's paying.

"Who's paying?"

Hui pulled out a card from his pocket and giggled.

"Cube."

"It's what they deserve."

|

Kino watched from the corner of his eye at Faye who was sitting with her arms and legs pressed against Hui. They were laughing and talking. He knew the reason why they were sitting close was because of how loud Jinho and Wooseok were singing. If you hadn't noticed yet, Wooseok won and was nothing less of ecstatic. Although, if you asked anyone else, he won by luck because the other player ended up sneezing and making a mistake.

"I'm rich!" Wooseok yelled holding an envelope with five hundred dollars inside. He sat down between Hui and Faye while handing the microphone to Shinwon.

"You're just less broke. You're a fool for spending it all right after getting it." Hui nagged to which Faye nodded and the others rolled their eyes.

"What other chance would I have to buy a meal for my hyungs?" The grin on his face made Hui shut up and just enjoy his time.

"Stop looking at her like that." Jinho whispered in Kino's ear.

"Huh?" Feigning ignorance wasn't working. Jinho just raised an eyebrow.

"You'll end up heartbroken. She doesn't like you,"

"I know.. Wait, why are you even telling me that though?" Jinho shrugged as a response.

"You don't like her, right?"

"Of course not. She's not my type."

"Uh huh. Keep it that way."