14 - Peter

"I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but she was by far the worst!" He raised his voice back at her and stormed out.

Peter didn't know who he was more pissed at. Megan, because she repeatedly fell into the bitch's traps or him, for creating the mess in the first place or the bitch, herself. He meant what he said. He couldn't believe that the choices he made as a horny seventeen-year-old could haunt him years later. He wished he spent his afternoons playing Call of Duty in Sully's basement, but no, he had to be having sex with Harmony.

He needed to get her to stop going after Megan. It wasn't cool in high school, and it definitely wasn't now. He agreed with Megan, because he didn't like her anywhere near the twins. She seemed to appear too often, for it to be a coincidence. He had Facebook, but rarely updated it, so she wasn't finding him that way.

Shit, she was probably tracking him through his phone. Ever since he got the fitness tracker a few years ago, he kept his location on. She probably slept with some tech nerd to help her track him. He didn't think she was smart enough to figure it out on her own.

Things had been great while she was off at a party school in the south. He'd forgotten which one, but it was one of those schools you didn't need good grades to get into. Then she graduated and came back to work in customer service at the big insurance company.

Peter suspected that she didn't expect to come home to find him and Megan still together and planning their wedding. She started spreading rumors that they had to get married. Megan was teaching at the high school and was afraid that she would spread some rumors to cause her to lose her job. Shit, she still could.

He had saved every text from her, including a very important one. He sent her a text. Please leave Megan alone.

She replied: She is still a cry baby

You've done enough damage already

She replied: Apparently not it seems you're still breeding with the fat girl

Peter looked at her response. She thought the baby was his, and he stopped himself from correcting her. It was probably better that was what she thought. He hated it when she called Megan fat. She'd started after the twins were born, and it left an impact on Megan. It was then that Megan started wearing so much black. "It makes me look thinner," she said. He argued that she was thin, but she would point to where the two babies had stretched and frown. He just thought she looked beautiful.

God, he hated his seventeen-year-old self for getting involved with Harmony.

He responded, Leave us alone

He called Megan, but she didn't answer. So he texted her. I'm sorry about the bitch. I've asked her to leave us alone. She thinks the baby is mine. I didn't correct her. I hope you don't mind. Still need to talk about the party.

She didn't respond, but he knew she would push this aside and move on. Her problem was she had so much baggage she just moved aside and never dealt with. He feared it would crush her.

He wished she could lean on her mother, but that relationship had drowned in his wake. He tried to repair it, but Marie refused to budge. Peter had never seen her as angry as when she found out Megan was pregnant. He had to leave with the twins because they didn't need to hear the choice words their grandmother had for their mommy.

Even if Megan wouldn't take his call, he'd see her over the weekend. He and Ed were planning to move some things Megan needed for the baby. It required a conspiracy, because Ed had to arrange for Marie to be out for the afternoon. Peter didn't like it, but Ed said that he'd take the heat.

If Marie became a second mother to him, then Ed became his father. Since he'd grown up without a father, Ed had stepped in. He took him driving so he could get his license. He sold a car to him at a great price. He helped when they bought the house. Anytime Peter needed advice, he was there. He also didn't pick sides like his wife. The only thing that Peter wasn't willing to do for him was play golf. He'd rather spend his weekends with his children.