Megan - Epilogue

As I was writing this story, it was simply called March, because it began in March. So it is fitting that it ends in March.

The bell rang and in they blew with a gust of March air. Despite the gray skies and bone chilling drizzle they looked like sunshine. Kristy was in her fluorescent green rain slicker and Megan in a new blue raincoat. They spent some time shaking off the rain and rubbing their feet on the heavy duty mat by the door before they entered The Landing.

They smiled and waved because in the corner were their families. They had been shopping together for dresses for Becka's upcoming wedding.

Megan looked at Abbie hardly believing that she was almost a year and the twins would soon be eight. Pete grabbed her hand, as she sat in the empty seat next to him. Her heart still skipped a beat anytime he smiled at her.

Rick delivered their lunches. "Megan did you hear? My Jenny's coming home. She called Alice just this morning."

"That's great news! I can't wait to see her!"

"Me too," Pete agreed.

The big kids went to look at the candy counter and Kristi asked, "Are you ever going to tell me anything?"

Megan answered, "No."

"Are you really married?"

Megan and Peter smiled at each other. "Yes!"

"When? Oh! I know you were never really divorced were you? I bet all that time you were just separated. Am I right?"

"Kris, leave them alone. They're together now and that's all that matters," Dan said.

"I know and you're happy too!" Kristi said.

In unison they both answered, "Very!"

Thank you for reading Shattered Hearts. I hope you love Peter and Megan as much as I do.

The good news is they are back in the second book in The Point Series, Designs of Love.

Cover image by:
Urilux © iSTOCKPHOTO.COM