63 - Megan and Peter

Megan believed Peter when he said he was busy with work. Evan showing up freaked him out, but it didn't worry her. They were both adjusting to whatever this thing was between them so she let him retreat. A few days weren't six years, although she missed him when he wasn't around. She also wanted him in a way that wasn't possible until after her follow up with the obstetrician. Once that last obstacle was removed she would not lose him and made a bold plan.

He stood and looked at Megan when she entered his apartment. She looked beautiful. He watched as she put down the carrier with the sleeping baby inside, then he asked where the twins were.

"Victoria is with them." She approached him and put her hands on his shoulders. "I came to celebrate with you."

"Celebrate?" He was not sure what she meant.

"Her six-week birthday!" She smiled.

He whispered, "Six weeks? Really?"

"Yes. I know he freaked you out when he showed up, but I never wanted to see him again. I only want you. I love you. No one else, ever."

"You do. I was waiting to hear those words."

"I said them that day, didn't I?" He shook his head. "Well, I should have. I felt them."

She kissed him, not holding back. Kissing him was like everything she remembered, but better. Even the taste of him was the same. She was pressed against him feeling his strong, hard body. She didn't pull back when his hands were on her waist. She knew he loved her, baby body and all.

Parting briefly, Peter said, "I was so afraid he would find out about Abbie."

"No, I wouldn't let that happen. Besides it doesn't matter because she's yours." Megan smiled.

He looked surprised. "She is. I didn't think you did it."

"I did. I knew you would always keep her safe."

He showed his gratitude by kissing her and she felt her knees go weak as if she couldn't support herself.

Peter was nervous. It had been so long - too long since they were together. He hadn't been with anyone in close to five years. It had been more recently for her, but he didn't want to think about that ever again. All he wanted was her, his Meg.

They both seemed to feel the urgency. Perhaps it was because they had been apart for so long and couldn't wait a minute longer. It could have been, because they didn't know when the baby would cry and need attention. The last eight months of their marriage, they rarely had sex and when they did, it was rushed.

Their clothes were in the way. They quickly undressed each other and tumbled onto his bed. Megan took a moment to notice that he made it just as she would have expected.

He was struggling to pull back the covers, with her naked on his bed. "See if it wasn't made we could just tumble in and not waste this time."

He silenced her with a kiss. Slowly he started kissing her all over and murmuring.

"What are you saying?"

"Hello to all your freckles. I've missed them. Oh, I can't forget the one behind your left knee." Lifting her leg and kissing behind her knee. Then he started exploring with his hands.

She sighed when he finally made it to the one place she wanted him to touch. She opened up to him and they both felt whole for the first time in years. It was so emotional that she gasped.

"Are you alright?" She had tears in the corner of her eyes.

She nodded. It was like dancing a dance they practiced years before. He knew just how to put her over the edge.

They had both had sex since the last time they were together, but this wasn't sex. This was an incredible expression of love. It was giving of themselves to the other completely.

Peter spoke first. "I don't know how I lived so long without you. You are my oxygen."

"Oh God! I love you. I wanted to do this that first night."

"Me too. You know I want to be in your bed every night!"

"You mean our bed."

With that he kissed her again, and they both discovered the magic only got better. Lying together, Megan broke the mood. "I have to go home. Hopefully, I can make it home before she insists on eating."