68 - Peter

Peter had arranged for them to meet with his attorney, Denise on August eighth, their original anniversary. Becka was staying with the children and thought they were seeing about their will, which was not a total lie. They had their marriage license from the town hall, but they needed a lawyer and witnesses. They also planned to work with Denise on their will.

When they arrived, Denise teased them about undoing all her hard work.

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses. I have never had a more heartbroken client."

The ceremony itself was simple. It was the legal equivalent of crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. They had already exchanged rings and vows two months before. Most people thought they were already married. Finally, they were legally married.

It felt anticlimactic, but it was what they wanted. Kristi was always asking if they were really married.

They drove her crazy by not answering and just laughing.

Peter gave Megan a minivan as a wedding gift. He admitted it was purely practically for a mother of three. After a week, she admitted she loved it and didn't know how she had survived without a backup camera.

On Labor Day weekend, they moved to his apartment, and the work began on the house. It was completely hectic with Megan back at work and Abbie in daycare. Peter was back to lunch hour in the infant room, but not every day since he would see her at home. It also took time to keep up with the progress of the construction.

Finally, in mid-November, they moved into their new home. It was everything they had ever dreamed and more. The kitchen was gorgeous with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. There was so much living space. Every time they pulled into the driveway, Megan said, "Pinch me."

Just the look of the two-story house from the outside with a beautiful sturdy front porch was amazing. Peter didn't mind when Megan hugged Alex in fact he wanted to himself.