CHAPTER 4

I look up to see a pair of handsome eyes, but now to find it ferocious and filled with anger.

It's the same boy I met this morning...

"I'm sorry, really...." I begin to stutter, but even before I could finish my sentence, he grabs the bottle from my hand and empties it down, straight on my head, and throws it away.

His lips twitch into an evil, satisfied smirk.

Out of my reflex, I push him away. He trips and loses his balance, just to get his upper body drenched by the water pouring out of the nearby fountain, just like me.

Yay! I have managed to wash the evil smirk on his face...

He is now soaking wet and his wet hair glistens glamourously.

I feel water dripping down my face as well. I take a step back, "I said I'm sorry." I utter, my voice filled with determination.

I don't want to be one of those cliché teenage girls, who simply stand embarrassed, when someone humiliates them.

His expression is really intimidating.

I should not show any kind of weakness.

I keep my facial expression solemn.

He takes a step forward but I stand my ground.

Suddenly someone steps in front of me, shoving me aside. "Stop it Mugilan! Leave her alone..!" he warns. I look up to see Arjun, all tensed up.

So his name is Mugilan... Handsome name? Just like him?

Stop it Athisya! This is not the time.

But Mugilan's eyes never leave mine. They're filled with danger and warning or something I couldn't just decipher.

I observe that the canteen has frozen and everyone's head is in our direction.

He realises that he could do nothing for now, and stomps away, shooting daggers at me, through his deathly-glare.

Before anyone could do or say anything, Kavi ushers me away from the scene into an empty classroom. She makes me sit down on a bench and gives me a kerchief to wipe my face.

A shiver runs down my spine and for the first time I realise that I'm wet and cold. But my ears feel hot due to the rage and fear.

Mirni enters the room and starts searching for something. "Mithran has gone to class, to get some sort of excuse for you girls. You can take your own time", Mirni informs.

Atleast I need not worry about the English teacher for now.

Mirni comes over with a bit long cloth, which is quite longer than a kerchief, and says, "I managed to find a waste cloth. Here, have it!" She hands it to me.

"Its not that dirty..." Kavi assures and I take it.

A cloud of sadness engulfs me. I begin to dry my head hastily, with the cloth and wipe my hands and neck.

I have to face the consequences...

The worry isn't about me facing Mugilan, but something else. I have a lot of people with me to face him.

"It's time I leave!" Mirni announces. "Take care.." She says to me.

Kavi and I spend a li'l more time wiping and drying myself to the point that I look decent enough.

"We should go now.." Kavi says softly. I get up and we start to leave. "But still my hair and dress are cold." I murmur.

A nice start for my higher secondary years...!

We find our English teacher dictating something. She just nods on seeing us and we hurry to our places.

"Achoo! Achoo!"I sneeze and the whole class turns my side.

"Continue!" my teacher orders to them.

I finally gather my belongings and start to write. I still feel my wet hair and dress pressing over me.

After 40 minutes...

A cool breeze passes through the window and I shiver. We are nearly at the end of the period or I hope so.

"Achoo! Achoo! Achoo!" , my eyes and nose begin to water simultaneously. I snatch out a tissue from the tissue-box that I luckily brought to school today.

I am allergic to wetness, dust, perfumes. They cause me to catch a severe cold immediately which in turn has a very bad effect on my health.

---------*---------*----------

I finished my lunch , a hot veggie soup, suggested by Kavi. Since the next period was a substitution period luckily, I spent it resting my head on the writing bench.

Right now I'm sitting with my buddies at my usual table. Mirni hands me a cup of hot coffee. I look around cautiously and take a sip from my coffee. "Don't worry, Aadhi isn't here" says Kavi. "Nor is Sibi" Arjun smirks. I heave a sigh of relief, " this coffee is making me feel better" I say. I find Mugilan passing our table, while death-glaring at me.

His warning gaze conveys the message 'I would get back at you' and I smirk at him challengingly.

------------*-----------*------------

"How dare he?" Iniya keeps on murmuring. We are half way to home. I finished narrating the incident and the aftermath to her. "Make sure Aadhi doesn't know about this." I say. "Why should I ?" she yells back angrily. "Because I don't want to create a scene." I assert.

Had I done a little too much? Maybe I shouldn't have have shoved him under the fountain.....Anyways I was the one to start. I think I'm at fault.