CHAPTER 8

As predicted, I wasn't able to lift up my eyelids the next morning. It was decided that I take my day off. Finally, I woke up with a swollen face to find aunt watching TV in my house. The others had already left for work and school.

I spent the entire day on bed, resting, with my aunt tending to me. And for a while, reading Harry Potter and The Deathy Hallows for the umpteenth time. I lost track of the number of times. But every time I read them, I read with the same awe, that struck me when I read them for the first time.

My eyes become sore after weeping for minutes and minutes together over Dobby's death.

How could you do it?

A sob rips out of my chest.

You have no heart.

I still detest J.K.Rowling for the murders she had committed.

So, I save the war part for later.

A deathly feast, waiting. I cheer myself, mentally.

I realize it's 5 in the evening. I had been so immersed in the book.

It's when my phone rings.

Hey! It's Arjun!

My face breaks into a genuine grin.

"Hi Arjun!" I greet cheerfully. "How are you now?" he asks with concern.

"I'm almost alright" I say "Anything special?". Because, Arjun is not the type of person who has chit-chats on phone.

"I called you to inform something. Today, Mugilan seemed so glum. So, when I accompanied him to canteen during lunch, he was about to say something."

"You seem to aid Mr. Jerk a lot?" I interrupt him slyly.

"Mugilan is my friend, Athisya. Whether you like it or not." He cuts me off. "But then, Aadhi showed up and punched him in the face." he finishes.

The cheerfulness that I had a while ago, has completely vanished.

"What happened to Aadhi? Did he do anything to Aadhi?" I begin my query.

"Athisya, here you must worry about Mugilan, not Aadhi" he says infuriatedly "Anyways, it was not a fight. It was more of an attack. When Aadhi punched him, Mugilan didn't retaliate much. So it ended up simple."

"I think Mugilan feels sorry" he says after a pause.

"Oh!" I think "Did Aadhi get into any trouble?"

Arjun sighs before replying, "No, I think he escaped with a detention, as usual." I sigh in relief. "Okay. I'll speak to Aadhi. Thank you." I say crookedly.

"Thank you???"he echoes as I hang up.

He will know I am angry at him, now.

I call Aadhi immediately.

"Aadhi, why the heck did you get into a fight with him?" I begin to yell right away as soon as he picks up the call.

"Wait" he says calmly "First of all. It was not a fight. Only I punched him....once." he finishes casually.

"But why? I'm at fault. I was the one to push him under the fountain, first." I mumble.

"No. It's not your fault" he jarrs. 

"See, now you have ended up having a detention......How did you get it?" I worry.

"The commotion caught the attention of a couple of staff. That's all" he smirks, "Why bother? Am I new to detentions?" he asks jokingly. I could literally see him wiggling his eyebrows playfully.