CHAPTER 19

I turn to see Mugilan staring down at me.

I pull off my hand instantly and he withdraws his too awkwardly.

He nods towards the exit and rises.

"I'll be back in a while" I whisper to Kavi and Mirni who are engrossed with the movie. They nod and "Take care" Kavi whispers back as I leave.

I follow Mugilan to the Food Court while trying to warm myself up.

"What do you want?" he asks concernedly. "A hot chocolate will do" he replies himself. I nod wordlessly as he retreats, not knowing what else to do.

Gross.....I know......

Mugilan returns with a hot chocolate and a burger in his hands and sits opposite me.

I immediately begin sipping down the warm drink while he just stares at me.

What? I'm cold and the drink is doing its work just perfectly.

After a few sips, I relax. "Thank you" I say gratefully.

"Don't mind" he says with a smirk and takes a bite out of his burger.

My mother is gonna kill me.............

"So, what's your problem?" Mugilan asks.

Oh!!

"What?" I ask, trying to be casual.

"I have noticed that you aren't normal. You seem to have some problem with your health" he states.

"No......nothing like that..." I say, sipping my drink again to conceal my tension.

"Then, what's with the jacket?" he asks pointing to me. Well.......

He raises his eyebrows and looks at me expecting a reply.

"Yes, I do have a problem" I deadpan "But I don't have any reason to explain it to you, except that you bought me this" I say indicating to the hot chocolate "It's my personal."

"Okay, then" he says with careless assertion "I'll find it out myself."

"Let's see" I challenge. But on the inner I'm squirming.

What have I gotten myself into, this time?

I take out my Silk and begin to nibble on it to calm down and kill time as well. I'm starting to feel bored........but not ready to go back to the theatre.....however, it's going to end soon.

"You want some?" I ask "But I won't share my chocolate. Not with you" I say shaking my head.

He gives me a bored look and takes out his mobile.

"Anyways, I owe you a drink" I remind and he offers me a knowing smirk.

"I'll buy it to you someday" I assure.

He's busy playing a video game in his mobile when I ask "Don't you want to join the movie? I don't mind if you leave"

I'm feeling guilty for stealing his time.

"No" he replies shortly and drops his head to his mobile again.

I feel relieved, actually...........

"It's okay if........." but I begin awkwardly but he cuts me off by saying "Anyways, the movie is boring.........just like you" without taking his eyes off the screen.

"What did you say?" I start in a high pitch, earning skeptical glances from the people around.

"What's boring about the movie? The hero is handsome, the heroine is beautiful and they make a perfect pair! The way he proposed his love to Kavya, I fell for Siva. And his voice.........it's still echoing in my ears" I ramble dreamily, with my hand supporting my chin as i look at the wall hangings.

I have been obsessed with the movie for the past week.......

I find him looking at me with those handsome eyes as if I'm crazy.

"Come with me" he says as he lifts himself up.

"Where to?" I protest, nonetheless I follow him as he paces.

He stops in front of a book store. "Thought this might keep you going..." he says hesitantly, running his fingers through his hair.

How did he know....?

I buy my much needed and longed 'Harry Potter and The Cursed Child'. When I exit the store, something catches my eye.

A pair of earrings.

They look gorgeous!!!

I have a craze for earrings and this one is beyond gorgeous.

I want it badly. I check my purse but don't have enough money left.

"Hey, come on" Mugilan calls, pausing after a few steps.

I tear my gaze to him and turn back again to the earrings.

"Hey, are you coming already?" he asks impatiently.

I take a last longing look at it before jogging over to him.

They are simply gorgeous and I'm damn sure they would look awesome on me.

When we reach a table, the first thing I do is take out my precious book. I notice Mugilan settling down opposite me with his phone before I jump into my fantasy.

My lips form an automatic smile as I enter the wizarding world again after a long time. 19 years later.

Flash!

However, when I look up, my eyes land on a furious Aadhi striding towards us.

"What are you doing here? WITH HIM?" he yells.

"It's nothing Aadhi...." I begin, standing up. Just then, my friends enter the scene to support me. Thank god!

After we explain the situation, "Why did you go again?" he chides "Isn't watching a movie once enough?"

"The movie is so good............" I smile sheepishly.

"Whatever.......Take care" he says patting my shoulder and glaring at Mugilan, meaninglessly. Mugilan stares back at him intensely, straight in the eye. 

Before walking away however, I observe that Aadhi throws a soft glance at Kavi.

I sigh in relief. Finally.........

"You have a protective brother" Mugilan remarks, with a smirk.

"Protective? Over-protective, I would say!" Mithran says.

"I'm beginning to worry about his future wife" Mirni says, mockingly. Kavi blushes slightly but instantly.

"Thank you guys" I say sarcastically. But actually I feel proud for Aadhi.

"He's just being caring towards Athisya........." Kavi says gently.