CHAPTER 29

MUGILAN'S POV:

The same glorious evening we had to take Sindhu to the Health Center for her usual vaccination. To my wild surprise, there she was begging her mother to stop the nurse from injecting her, with teary eyes. Athisya was actually sobbing for a mere injection..........

I took out my mobile to capture a video. 'It might come handy' I had thought with a smirk.

When she saw the needle, her eyes bulged out, making me fear that they might actually fall out. The nurse exclaimed saying her to stop sobbing, but she kept weeping like a baby.

So, the spicy girl is afraid of injections, after all. I was amused. It was so funny.....

And might I add 'cute'?

I walked away to my mom, when I heard her mom chide her what kind of a doctor she would make if she has injection-phobia. Aha!

When I came back in search of Sindhu, who always wanders off, I was met with an overwhelming scene. Sindhu was wiping away a few tears on Athisya's pink cheeks with her small thumb. Darn the feelings!

Athisya seemed embarrassed, so I decided to tease her further by making my unwanted entry. She hadn't noticed me at all, till then, despite my nil effects to operate secretive. How could a girl be so oblivious?

She is such a kid!

I cleared my throat and she looked up at me, her face becoming redder. She looked like she might run away any moment! She dabbed at her stray tears hastily and that was it! I couldn't contain my laughter any longer and I burst out!

"This is not a circus and I'm not a joker" she snapped.

"Yes, this is fun" I mumbled through my laughter. I am a punk, I agree. Alright?

Her face morphed into one that of hurt and disgust "So, your idea of fun is making someone suffer? What a sadist you are!" she spat, stinging me sharply.

Yeah, right.

I was the one behind her suffering.

I was already really worried about her after the day's incident. I was being pecked constantly by guilt since then.

"Don't be mean to her" Sindhu breaks into my reverie. Mean?

Have I been mean to her?

Maybe.

"Mom called you" I informed her.

"Hey, cutie! You didn't tell me your name yet" she asked with a mellowful gaze, quite opposite to the one she gave me seconds ago.

Woah, she could pull out any reaction within seconds!

"Sindhu" she replied and skipped off, leaving Athisya filled with evident adoration and me awkward.

'This is the time' my inner conscience voiced 'to apologise'. 'Apologise?!' my mind exclaimed. I was so reluctant admitting my guilt to her.

After all, I'm a guy with a very big ego.

"Take care anyways" she said suddenly, making me confused. 

"I should be the one saying it" I said unsurely.

"You'll see" she replied non-chalantly.

I know she would surely try to get back at me, soon.

Then, I was asked by my mom to run some errands. I went with them to get them an auto back to home and while I returned to my bike, not –so- much- to- my- surprise I found my bike key missing.