CHAPTER 42

Hey guys, this is the last chapter!!!

Hope you enjoy it!

I kick the trolley bag under the seat and stoop to place my backpack on the upper berth of the compartment.

Yes!

We're finally taken off to Banglore on the educational tour.

All my exams have been over along with a month of 12th grade! And it's our summer holidays now!

I managed to pass my 11th grade with decent grades and even managed to talk my parents into enrolling me in a tuition institute.

Aadhi has chosen to study Automobile engineering in his favorite college in Madras itself. And he got in too!

I have decided to do well with my 12th grade at least, from the scratch.

I had been maintaining a rough balance among my studies, health and friends& family.

I tend to get tired and worked up sometimes, but revive myself with a song and a pat or a talk with my mom.

I know I have a depressing and tiring year ahead but I was ready.

I had my family and friends with me, after all.

For now, I am looking forward to the next 4 days and Jaanu's marriage.

I stumble back into someone as I try to reach to the upper berth.

"Here, here" I hear chuckling from behind me "Give it to me"

"Yeah, yeah, palm tree" I say handing my backpack to the Jerk "Here"

He places it there with one careless shove.

The others file in and we begin to settle down and the train begins to move in 5 minutes.

We are having a coach to ourselves!

As the train gathers speed, "Shall we play a game?" Mirni asks while I was munching Kavi's potato chips.

"Yes!" the response was not only from us, but from the neighboring coaches too.

"Song fight?" I ask, more like yell for everybody to hear. The game was our tradition.

There were murmurs of agreement.

So we separate into two groups, me with Arjun and Kavi while the Jerk and the twins were in the opposite one.

The sun was moving towards the horizon with its golden shine illuminating us all.

We were busy finding the songs to overpower the opposite team and while we sing on top of our voices the opposite team would join us, if they feel good.

Whenever I made eye contact with the Jerk in such times, my stomach would flip under his gaze. I felt as if he was meaning the song he was singing, to me, and vice versa.

Cliché, I know.

But it was exhilarating. It was so much entertainment that I did not notice when it turned into a dance.

I was clapping and hooting to the guys and girls, while the Jerk approached me.

"You don't dance?" he asks.

"No" I shake my head "Not in public"

He raises his eyebrows.

"Jaanu's engagement was family" I clarify.

"It's okay" he says grabbing my hand while the others were giving us discreet glances "C'mon Mirchi!"

To be honest, I was high to the tempo.