CHAPTER 37

On entering the campus, I notice that the others have already arrived and Arjun was in a heated argument with a pretty girl, who seemed to be our age. The headlights of his bike have been damaged.

"What's the matter?" I whisper to Kavi, going to her side as I get off the bike.

"That girl took a right turning on the left indicator" she whispers back snickering.

"And Arjun drove into her?" I ask chuckling and she nods.

"It's okay, Arjun" Mirni says consolingly "She apologized"

"C'mon Mirni! What does an apology mean?" he fumes "the headlights are broken"

"I said it'll be on me" the girl snaps "Take it to Manikkam Mechanic shed, down the next lane"

"Thanks but no" Arjun says angrily "I'll be the bigger man here"

"Are you hurt?" I ask the girl, cutting off whatever she was about to say, while Arjun glares at me.

"No, not me. But I think he's hurt" she replies hesitantly, pointing to Arjun.

I look at him and he says "I sprained my ankle trying to balance the bike, before knocking her off"

"Alright come on" I say leading him away "You'll be alright, it's just a sprain"

He gives her a last glare and stomps away, limping slightly. The girl returned his glare and says "Sorry" to Mithran who nods and Mirni winks at her.

"There she is" I point to the office of the lady in-charge of this place. I had already been here a couple of times, though not for longer durations. After giving her the introductions and telling her our purpose, she seemed to recognize me and Arjun.

Me because we were regular donors and did I forget to mention that Arjun's dad was a cop?

"I'm Seeta" she says "Come with me, I'll take you to the children"

She leads us to what seems to be the drawing hall of the Home, where the children were lounging around.

We distribute them the clothes and other stuff we brought. The light in their eyes and their smile on their face as they receive them was more than satisfying, that suddenly I wanted to cry.

"Rudra, take care of them. I'll leave now" Seeta says to the blow girl who we met earlier. She seemed to be the eldest out of the children there.

We introduce ourselves and learn from her that there were 16 children residing in the Home, including her.

"You didn't tell us your name?" Mirni asks.

"Oh, I'm Rudra" she says "I'm 16."

"You go to school?" I ask.

"Yeah, everyone does" she replies "The Government School. The owner is sophisticated enough to send us to school"

"Don't mistake me. I was just curious" I say.

"I know" she says with a smile.

She was mature for her age. Living in an orphanage does that to you, I guess.

"Tell him to use this on the sprain" she says handing me a Moov spray and nodding towards Arjun.

"Thank you" I say walking over to him, who was playing with some of the younger guys.

"So guys, what do you wanna do?" she chirps to us and the children.

"How about a movie?" a guy around 10 asks.

"Good idea" Mirni claps, "Sure" I groan and he grins.

"What movie?" Rudra asks.

"Bahubali?" I say enthusiastically. I'm sure not a movie person, but I definitely love Bahubali.