CHAPTER 30

The next day was when I made my planned encounter in the canteen. She was seated at their usual table, where they hang-out, with a big bar of chocolate and a goofy grin, showing off her pearly teeth. She had successfully dodged me until then.

At least, she was healthy now.

I strode towards her, trying to be intimidating while she whispered something to her friends with a cruel smile on noticing me. Just the opposite, I know!

"I know it's you" I growled behind her.

"Hey, Einstein!" she mocked with a lame comeback, turning around.

Then upon noticing her up closely, I gulp invisibly. Was she looking........pretty? But she should be ugly to me, right?

Yup, she is ugly.

"You have it" I repeat dumbly.

She took my precious key out from her waist pocket and swirled it around her forefinger tauntingly. "Yes, I have it" she shrugged confidently.

Was she playing with me?

I immediately lunged out for it, but she quickly pulled her hand away, and stood up. She has quick reflexes.

Hey, just one of my observations.

I moved closer, desperately attempting to snatch it away, as she kept backing away. But halted as her back hits the wall! Ah! The smirk on her pink lips faded off.

It was only then that I realized the close proximity between us and my stomach tickled from inside. No, not so close that I could feel her breathe or something. After all, she's conservative. But close enough to catch her scent. Not that it bothered me..........

She smelt of chocolate, probably because she was eating one. She was short compared to me. Okay, it's more like I'm growing taller by an inch everyday but let's just say she's short. She was wearing an orange rose on her plaited hair and a new set of simple earrings. But it was her dreamy eyes that caught my interest, the thin eyeliner enhancing their beauty. I didn't make an effort to move or stop staring at her.

She suddenly locked her hands between herself and the wall, snapping me back from my thoughts. Ah, shit! Now how am I going to retrieve it?

Then I spotted a bright bulb above my head!

My time to play, spicy!

I took out my mobile phone and tap on my recent favourite video after slyly saying "I thought this wouldn't be necessary".

It really came handy, ultimately!

The colour from her face drained , as if she has seen something supernatural. It seemed that she was worried about her reputation, after all.........

"Switch it off! Please!" she yelled imitating the desperation that I carried a few moments ago. I hold about my palm to her. I agreed with her dumb deal, as I had no other go.

It was actually funny that she had made a frantic deal with me, at that moment.

She obediently gave the key, as I deleted the video.

"By the way, you've got a bit of chocolate on your nose" I teased her, biting back my chuckle. She wiped it off hastily but pouted when she found none. She actually believed me!

"Do you have a backup of this video?" she shrieked behind me suddenly. I gave her a thumbs -up, while I actually had none.

I really enjoyed fooling her around! Her reactions were entertaining and unexpectable everytime.............

After all, joining this school wasn't a bad idea.

I smile giddily or rather foolishly to myself as I move back to my table, avoiding all gawky eyes.

The previous day, a girl along with her friend offered me a seat voluntarily. But I had refused it politely.

I didn't like the idea, or the girl.........

But I don't get why I used to take a longing look at her table, whenever I crossed them. Still don't.

I found her murmur something sheepishly while her heads were buried in her hands, while her gang members were laughing their as...*cough* hearts out. She turns to me madly and catches my eye, making my grin widen.

_____________*_____________

That evening, I was so reluctant to go to my detention.

Of course, a garden is quite entertaining, but the work is not. Cursing my bad luck, I tear away my tie when a pair of hands overlap mine, strangling me! Out of thin air! And my head! It hurt.

My attacker was trying to rip off my handsome hair too! Gosh!

And to my next surprise, the familiar voice asks me "What's going on...."

Quite the contrary, I thought.

"I should be the one asking it!" I flared.

The stranger finally released me and imagine my shock when I see Athisya standing full well in front of me!

That feisty freak!

I straightened up and fixed my shirt, while she was snickering all the while. I was practically huffing out smoke, then.

"I didn't know you received a detention too" she exclaimed further adding to my fury.

"Thanks to you and your brother" I growled. This was what she should've meant when she said 'take care'.

Got me double!

"Anyways, that was meant for Aadhi" she pointed to me, referring to her earlier attack. Why can't she just say sorry?!

"Have you and your brother decided to make my days a living hell?" I asked, totally vexed.

"If that is what you wish for!" she countered, taking a huge bite out of her chocolate bar.

Her nerve!

"By the way, you have got some chocolate on your chin" she remarked, pointing to her own "But I'm not kidding" she added, sensing my suspicion.

I wiped my chin hesitantly. Just then a soft wind blew past, carrying her chocolaty scent and playing with her bangs in the process. That completely caught me off guard.

Yup, she's pretty.......

A few bangs fell over her radiant eyes, partially hiding it. They always seem to be daring and radiant. But why do I feel like something is masked in it?

I diverted my gaze quickly, not wanting to present myself as a creep in front of her brother, who had arrived just then. He glared at me suspiciously with a clenched jaw, making me clench mine.

"Hey!" Athisya, being the ecstatic one, managed to lighten the thick air. She ran towards him and caught him by his ear, "What the hell!" he yelled. And I blocked out the rest as I jogged down to my work, trying to avoid the pang in my chest as best as I could.

The rest of the evening, she minded her work like, I never existed. I would make her mind me, tomorrow, in the basketball field.

I had a mini fan club, back at my old school. I am a basketball player and better at football. And best at........

Ughh!

There were many girls waiting for my attention and there she was.......well, having my attention, but not reciprocating it!

She manages to give an exclamatory mark to the end of most of my sentences. Living up to her name, isn't she?

'I will make her mind me tomorrow' I had thought.

That was it!