CHAPTER 39

Jaanu' s Engagement Part Two is here to bring you more fun.

Enjoy!

________*_______

My eyes met a bottle of water bottle, suddenly, in Naveen Anna's hand.

I was tired from the high pitched laughter and the stoner jokes I was throwing with my cousins, that my throat went parched.

I was walking towards Naveen Anna when my mom called me out.

"Hey, Athisya here" she beckons to me.

"This is my elder daughter Athisya" she introduces me to an unfamiliar old lady.

"She's one of my second aunties, Parvati Athai" then she says to me.

"Oh, Vanakkam" I respond, joining my hands.

"Vanakkam ma" the Parvati Paati greets me.

"She's beautiful" she says to my mom "So, she's the next?" she asks nodding to the stage.

Wth?!

"I'd love that" my mom laughs "But she's only 16"

"So what?" the lady smiles creepily "Just wait for a couple more years"

"That's child marriage, oldie" I mutter under my breath through gritted teeth.

These old people..! They've no idea!

"Amma" I call my mom with a fake smile "I'll leave now?" my eyes clearly conveying 'I'll get back at you later for this'.

I practically sprint away before they could decide my groom.

"Take some rest" Appa says as I move towards the stage again "C'mon sit down"

My dad has a torturous habit to mind my each and every action, so that he could rush to my side in case of emergency.

So I settle down with my Amamma and Aadhi joins us.

"Anuma, did you know?" Amamma says "Vijay is going to be related to us!"

"Yes, yes Amamma" I say "I know"

"I heard that his elder son studies with you guys?" she asks.

"Yes" Aadhi answers for me.

"I saw him" she continues "That guy has a charisma. He's beautiful, not to mention his manners". Aadhi glares at her at this.

"Amamma" I giggle "You call a guy 'Handsome' not 'beautiful'"

My phone pings and I find that the Jerk has finally sent my photo along with a message 'Give me the picture credits.'

I spot him chatting with a girl in Green Chudithar. He catches my eye and smiles distractedly but I look away as Aadhi notices us.

"Aadhi, I need to speak to you" I say as I post the picture without any credits.

"Not now" he cuts in "Tomorrow at school in the evening break. Till then stay away from him"

I give him a questioning look and he says "Trust me"

He was right.

Jaanu beckons for me to join them and as I walk towards her, the Jerk catches up.

"You haven't given me the credits" the Jerk complains looking at his mobile. I sneak a quick peek at his mobile. He has saved my number as 'Mirchi' with a small red chilly symbol beside it.

Then suddenly feeling aware of my Appa's and Moorthy Mama's eyes on me,

I say "Don't come with me" looking around.