13. Ruining The Moment

Cassidy Clarke POV

We pulled up to the parking lot of a shopping centre. Ethan drove us, while Archer continuously changed the radio channel much to Ethan's annoyance. Myself and Drew were in the backseat. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him look at me every once in a while. I was the closest to him, but it has only been a couple of days. But I feel like I know him more than some of the guys I've dated – okay slept with.

I found it difficult to converse and act I suppose you could say 'normal' around them. While they said they'd protect me, I doubted their sincerity.

Can you really blame me though?

"alright let's go!" Archer states a little too excited as he exited the car. I followed quickly behind them. Archer and Ethan were in front of me and Drew came up by my side. He grabbed my arm and I abruptly stopped. Archer and Ethan stopped and turned around to face us.

"you guys go ahead, I need to talk to Cassidy, we'll meet you in there, I'll take her, you guys so see Edmund for the Special  items" Drew says emphasising the word 'special.' Ethan nodded while Archer nodded and sent Drew a thumbs-up and a not-so-subtle wink as he grabbed Ethan and turned and continued walking into the large grey building.

I yanked my arm out of his grip and turned to face him. Before I could ask him why he made me stop, his hand appeared on my bare waist as he pulled me into his chest and his lips feverishly felt my own. I fisted his shirt and was about to pull away as I felt his lips slow down but also became more passionate like he was tasting me with each movement. My eyes lifted to his and I noticed his eyes closed as he gripped my waist tighter pulling me closer to his body causing me to gasp. He took this as the opportunity for his tongue to enter my mouth, and I seemed to break away from the seams. I began kissing him back just as – if not more – passionately. One hand remained on my waist while his other made its way down to my butt, giving it a little – alright – a LARGE squeeze – not that I really minded. The kiss grew more heated and I then felt him pull away slightly for us to gather our breaths.

"As much as I would love to continue this, I would rather if much more if we could do it in a more private place than a shopping centre carpark." He states hushed into my ear as he pulled away but keeping his hands on my waist. His eyes scoped the carpark before he pulled me closer to his body.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I attempted to look around.

"Aspen's hired help, your two o'clock, the matte black van." he says as his eyes remain scoping the remaining area. I nod in response as I turn and see six guys in casual clothes attempting to look inconspicuous. - and failing miserably.

"that takes a whole new meaning to ruining the moment." I groan.

"I take the guys on the left, you take the guys on the right?" I ask as I turned around to look at him. he had a small smirk on his face. 

"You know, that any normal woman would be scared and would just want to remain in my arms right?" he says amusement laced in his voice.

"yeah, but from the very short time you have known, I'm sure you have deduced that I am most certainly not normal." I reply with a shrug as I stepped away from him and surveyed the area. I nod to the left "we can take them down that alley, the last thing we need is them shooting up the carpark" I say.

He chuckles in response before replying "Good idea, they haven't realised that we've spotted them so we can head there and they'll follow us." he nods as he takes my hand as we begin walking in the opposite direction that Ethan and Archer walked.

to be continued in the next chapter straight after...

A/n Sorry for the short chapter! just wanted to seperate it! OH!!!! they kissed!!! woohoo!!! Go Cassidy! and fair warning for the next chapter. its a bit weird. i find it amusing and interesting but be warned some of the stuff that is talked about might not be for younger readers. love you all and so sorry for the late update!