38. Conflicted And Broken

A/n Hello my lovelies. As I said before TMIR is coming to an end but I will be writing a sequel. (Technically it's in my drafts on Wattpad already)
I've loved this book so much and loved writing it that I want to make a series out of it. Not entirely sure how big of a series, so just going to be a sequel to start off.

Cassidy Clarke POV

Leon kicked the door open leaving us to face Kyle, Grant, Aspen, and the Slater guy whom we went up against before, except now his face was burned up.

Mamma Mia, here we go again...

Now is really not the time to break out into a musical number...

"You fucking bitch" Aspen seethes at me.

Chuckling, I awkwardly wave at her. "Hey Sis, look! I'm not dead!" I state sarcastically with a smile and an overly large amount of weird hand gestures. Her surprised face turned into a scowl.

"Not yet at least. I guess I'll have to do it myself." She states darkly as she then made her way towards me, on the farther side of the control room.

Most cliche thing ever to say in the moment.

But, let's be honest, she's never been original in her life.

I looked to Leon, who was glaring at Kyle and Grant, while Slater came over towards where Aspen was.

Leon spares me a glance before whispering heatedly to me "deal with your sister and Slater and get to that computer. Then we can blow them to kingdom come."

Leon then makes eye contact with Kyle who seems to nod in response. They both slowly release their guns from their grip and kick them to the side before drawing knives and walking towards one another.

I turn to Slater and Aspen.

******

I hear Slater groan in pain from behind me as I slam Aspen down to the wooden floor boards.

"Why? Why do you hate me so fucking much?! What did I ever do to you?!" I scream in her bloodied face curtosy of the broken nose I had given her moments before.

She spat blood out of her mouth to the side of me before staring up with such hatred in her eyes that had me doing a double take.

A sudden had grasped my hair and dragged me off of Aspen. I yell out a strangled yell, before sinking my nails as deep as possible in the mystery hand.

I was then slammed into a wall, knocking the wind out of me. I looked up to see Grant hovering over me and out the corner of my eye Slater was helping Aspen up.

Leon and Kyle had fallen out of the shattered window roughly 20 minutes ago during their fighting while I was fighting Slater, Grant as well as my sister on my own.

My chest heaved up and down attempting to get a good amount of air back into my lungs. My eyes darted to Slater and Aspen to were making their way towards myself and Grant who was hovering over me.

Think think think. What can I do to get out of this?!

Fuck!

My eyes darted to a can of hair spray near me along with a shiny silver lighter that I had seem fall from Slater's pocket when I first tackled him to the gound when what seemed like hours ago.

Time to get crispy you bastards.

My hand numbly reached out and clasped the small silver object tightly in my shaking hand.