37. Shit Storm Showdown

A/n hello my lovelies, TMIR is going to be coming to an end very soon. Here's the next chapter for you all.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Cassidy Clarke POV

Yes be a fucking idiot, and go towards the fucking danger, those horror movies were right. So stupid to go towards the thing that wants to fucking kill you.

But it's important. Kyle hid this file from Grant, and Grant was the only reason he was able to get us here. So it had to be important and Leon just staying that the file name was Lucy's last name makes sense. Grant had hired Kyle to get rid of her, but as most of the Anermo crime family, I would only assume that she was somewhat trained, especially to keep herself hidden.

Drew let out another groan as Ethan and Archer basically carried him.

"Ethan, Arch, get Drew out of here, Cassidy and I will head to the control room." Leon stated as we walked down the dimly lit hallway.

It's too fucking quiet, especially seeing as we've let off a grenade before...

"Like fucking hell." Drew groans and attempts to glare at Leon who was walking beside me with his gun drawn.

"You're gonna be a liability of you're with us-"

"Move!" I yell as I grab Ethan's arm and yank him, Archer and Drew to the side as I shoved Leon out of the way of the bullets flying past us.

We heard the gunshots along with shouting down the hallway, seeing that Kyle's men were heading straight toward us.

I looked around and then down at my tablet quickly with all the noise and bullets wizzing past us.

"Go back, like two metres there's a door, it'll lead us around them." I say as Ethan, Archer - Carrying Drew - shuffle their way back.

"Leon?" I ask as we start walking backwards towards the others who have opened the door.

"What?" He hisses at me as he holds his gun up at the group of fucking hulk like men making their way towards us.

"Now would be a great time for your 'Always-the-answer' grenades." I state.

I see him grin sinisterly before holstering his gun and pulled the pin on one of the grenades.

"Go!" He yells. We sprint towards the door and slam it shut just as the grenade detonates, shaking the building.

Turning around I see Archer leaning down to check Drew's wound, while Ethan was attempting to hold him up straight.

Sprinting over towards them, slightly further down the hallway, I slipped in next to Archer.

He's bleeding too much.

"You need to go Drew." I say pressing down on the makeshift bandage I tied over the stab wound.

"No. Not with y-you-" he let out another groan.

"Listen to me Dr-" he cuts me off

"No." He whispers poorly shaking his head back and forth.

"Drew, Drew look at me." I state as I pull his head up to look me in the eyes. His face, is black and blue, with a split lip, and his eyes are glazed as he attempts to focus on me.

"You are going to bleed out if you don't get out of here. Now. Okay? And I'm not going to let the man I fucking love die on me okay? Especially if he's just being a stubborn fucking arse. Especially seeing as I have yet to Kill the bastard who stabbed you, or my sister who orcrstrated the whole thing okay?" I state, leaving no room for argument.

His lips quirk up. "You love me?" He asks with a cheesy grin he seems to have on his face even though I can see the pain in his eyes.

"We can have a heartfelt lovefest when you're safe, and Aspen, Grant and Kyle are dead. Okay?" I state as I kiss his forehead as Ethan and Archer pull him up further on their shoulders.

"She loves me" Drew says grinning as he turned to Ethan grinning harder before saying it again. "She. Loves. Me"

I think he might have lost a bit too much blood...

"You guys take Drew to Xander's. He owes us a favour, Cassidy and I will meet you there."

"Okay."

Don't die."

Archer and Ethan state respectively. They then make their way down the corridor before darting out the exit.

"I'm pretty sure you just made him the happiest guy in existence." Leon chuckled before pulling his gun out and clicking the safest off.

Let's get this shit storm showdown started.

"Alright, this way." I say as we make out way down the corridor towards a door that will lead us up the stairs and towards the control room.

.........

From Unknown:
Archer, Ethan and Drew just showed up looking pretty worse for wear. Drew lost a lot of blood but is stable, watch your back.
Xander.

"Archer and the others made it too Xander's." I whisper as we made our way up the next flight of stairs.

This place is fucking huge!

That's what she said.

Really not the time Cass...

"Okay, we should be nearing the control room now." Leon states as he looks down at the tablet in his hands while I have my back to him ready to shoot anyone who's following us. - which has happened four times in the last 20 minutes.

I've killed people tonight. Actually killed them. Dead. Something must be wrong with me if I'm not feeling anything about it... But they're bad guys.

My cheek hurts from when that asshole hit me. The stinging of my cheek was the one thing that was telling me that this was real life. Knowing Drew and the others were same made me feel less sick in my stomach than before.

Finally we reached the door. Leon brought his finger to his lips signalling me to be quiet. While he pulled his gun he looked at me.

"I will deal with them, you get to the computer and find that file." He stated lowly leading me to nod in confirmation.

Let's do this.

A/n hello my lovelies! Welcome back, sorry for the wait, been doing uni assignments -like I'm actually supposed to be - which is blatantly boring if you ask me, so here is a much love chapter for you all. TMIR is coming to an end, I think only two chapters left.

BUT THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!

YES! A SEQUEL! I will be posting a final author's note once the book has ended.

Please let me know what you think of the chapter, your comments make my day. Xx

Till next time.

X