Chapter 13: The Christmas Ball p.1

thank you guys for all the views and votes, this means a lot for me 😁😍 may the moon light your way🌙

✨✨✨

What got into Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore's head this time was absolutely incomprehensible to all the students. However, a person with a name like that is allowed to be a bit... eccentric.

At one of the breakfasts the headmaster suddenly rose to his full height, tapped the cup with his usual gesture and loudly announced the Christmas Ball scheduled for the 23 of December, the day before winter holidays. Predatory glint in his eyes didn't promise anything good, because if an idea comes to Dumbledore's head, all those who didn't manage to escape in time are doomed.

With that tireless headmaster didn't stop and announced that dance classes were opened and that Professor McGonagall, Flitwick and Madam Pomfrey would welcome everyone. Judging by surprised faces of the professors, they heard this news for the first time.

"Since when," Peter asked dully, "do we have balls for Christmas?"

"You're wrong, little Pete," Sirius was flipping through an impressive notebook, for some reason wrapped in a black rag. "Christmas dinner is held annually."

"I'm not talking about dinner, I'm talking about the ball. We won't need to," Peter lowered his voice and finished with a slight panic in his eyes, "dance?"

"So?" Black raised his eyes in surprise.

"I'm a terrible dancer."

"It can't be so bad, Peter," James was already staring at Lily Evans entering the Hall.

"It can," said Peter. "I had four teachers, but none of them could instill me with grace, flexibility or a sense of rhythm."

"Well, you can always refuse," Sirius shrugged, ignoring Pettigrew's sad sigh. "James, stop staring at her! She'll turn you down again, we both know that."

"This time it will be by my rules," Potter said and immediately changed the subject, "Anyway, what are you reading there?"

Sirius looked around, then moved closer to his friends and said quietly, "Malfoy's diary with all his dirty deeds."

"What?!"

"Where did you get it?"

"Are you kidding?"

Black grinned, looking nervously toward the Slytherin table.

"Why didn't you say it before?" James was insulted.

"I-uh," Sirius hesitated. "I just forgot."

Remus raised his eyebrows skeptically but didn't ask anything, only shook his head disapprovingly. Peter kept looking at Sirius in surprise.

James, suspiciously watching Black, finally snorted and grumbled, "If you don't wanna talk, it's your right. But keep in mind - this is the second secret for the week!"

"And why should I report to you about every new girl?" Sirius flared, forgetting about his fascinating reading.

Remus sighed - the conversation went into an explosive channel, again for the last few days.

"This isn't some girl, Black," James said heatedly. "This is Beata Sprinkles! The only girl in my memory next to whom you look like a stubborn mule without the slightest shadow of manners and your special charm. Not only you're silent for the first time about the night spent with the girl, but you looked completely insane when you came back. I still don't understand, were you furious or ecstatic. And by the way, where's your bike?"