Chapter 22: Got you, Black!

Forest of Dean, evening

Never before Emily's appearance attracted so much attention. Three pairs of eyes stared at her in bewilderment. Sirius Black, who was sitting in the armchair, looked stunned at Sirius Black, standing in the doorway. All their difference consisted only in the degree of tattered shirts after a long walk through the forest.

Malfoy turned to the voice and froze with an unnaturally tilted head. Gwendolyn's surprise was hidden much more carefully, but she couldn't restrain an astonished sigh.

"Mr. Sirius Black?"

"I am," Emily snorted, trying to remember how long ago she drank Polyjuice Potion and how long its effect would last.

"And," Gwendolyn turned to Sirius-number one. "Are you also Mr. Sirius Black, Mr. Black?"

"Me too," Sirius said in surprise.

"I believe one of you drank Polyjuice Potion," Gwendolyn smirked. "And it's not difficult to check."

"In that case, I offer Emily Parker, who is now sitting in the chair in front of me, confess so as not to waste time," Emily said mockingly, believing that attack is the best form of defense.

Polyjuice Potion that includes the blood of a person, whose shape you take, can't be detected in body. Polyjuice Potion of this type creates an absolute copy of selected person, including also magical abilities (which made it difficult for Emily to use her own wand) and it lasts twelve hours. However, Beata gave her a couple of amulets (just in case), three talismans (in case of emergency) and taught a few simple non-verbal spells (in case of huge emergency).

"What?" Sirius Black jumped from the couch. "What makes you think that I-"

"And give me back my wand, Parker," Emily said.

Her calculation was simple - Black wouldn't stand it, rush at her in a fit of rage, knock her to the floor, but before Malfoy or Gwendolyn can separate two Siriuses, Emily will have a couple of moments to shove her own wand into Black's pocket. It was pure improvisation with a huge amount of costs, risk and based solely on Sirius's stubbornness and temper.

But Black didn't disappoint.

In anger, he rushed to Emily, intending to leave a wonderful bruise on her cheek. The pain, inflicted on foreign for Parker body, was quite real and tangible, but she managed to fulfill her task.

When Malfoy jumped to the two Siriuses, trying to pull away the one on top, he couldn't help but notice the second wand, Emily Parker's wand, peeping out from behind Black's belt.

"Is this Miss Parker's wand, Mr. Malfoy?" Gwendolyn said thoughtfully as the Slytherin pulled it out from under Sirius's belt.

"It is," Lucius spat out with hatred and stared at Black with unconcealed gloating.

"Damn it, I-"

"Well done, Emily," Parker said with all the possible anger she was capable of portraying.

"How did you cross the forest of Dean unnoticed, Mr. Black, and even without your magic wand?" Gwendolyn asked with interest. She smelled a dirty trick, but couldn't fully understand what it was.

"Not the faintest idea," Emily sniffed, judging that if she began to explain her assumptions to Gwen, she would suspect a sign of intelligence in the second Sirius and plan would fail. "I just followed her from the school, tried to understand what this crazy had in mind."

"You two will stay with us," Gwendolyn continued thoughtfully, summoning the indignant sigh of both Blacks - one sincere and one feigned. "For some reason, I can't find Polyjuice Potion in any of you two... Perhaps, potion was made on the blood, in which case we just need to wait. And all this venture with wands..."