Epilogue 5: Sirius, November 1981

It was dark and damp around. Sirius imagined huge old wood louses moving along the corridors between the cameras. It was the feeling that the Dementors caused. He felt how they were desperately trying to suck his soul out of him, but stumbled upon a barrier he had never seen. The Dementors tried to get to Sirius in the very inside, to take all the most delicious and valuable things, but they didn't have a damn thing, because Sirius's memories were endless like the ocean behind the walls of the prison, and they also gave rise to so many feelings in him that there wouldn't have been enough hundreds of these snails in the hoods to rid him of them.

Sirius closed his eyes, and the world around splashed in multi-colored spots.

...Graduation of Marauders and AB. What a glorious event!

McGonagall, incredibly proud of her students, handed them diplomas, brushing away tears from her eyes. Flitwick talked loudly to Madame Sprout, assuring everyone around he had never taught such obedient, amazing and talented children. James snorted from Flitwick's speeches, then from Slughorn's speeches, and swayed unsteadily next to Remus because he got drunk just before graduation.

It seemed wrong to Sirius to be there after everything that happened, but he asked himself: "What the hell? Do not come to your own graduation party?!" so he was the first to arrive on the Quidditch field in the ceremonial robe and with a square academic cap on his head. He was pretty amused because he got to the last year, passed exams (he lost only to Remus in the History of Magic) and even lived up to graduation.

Everyone around were beautiful and proud, glowing with smiles as if they had forgotten about the war, and Sirius snorted imagining what Beata would say if she tried to put this outfit. And when he imagined it, it became easier for him.

Then there was dancing. Fireworks blazed over Hogwarts, threatening to blow up a defensive field and Aurors patrolling the sky. Leprechauns jumped around, spreading butterbeer and engaging fairies in the dance.

Sirius did not know who poured bourbon into pudding, but the taste was obvious. The ice cream formed like symbols of all four houses was filled with whiskey. One barrel intended for compote was splashing with rum instead, and all the professors made puppy eyes, pretending they don't notice.

Hogwarts turned into one huge fair of happiness and feasting.

Sirius was having fun, too. He bathed in laughter and strong alcohol. That was an amazing day. It was like the Marauders, along with AB, went crazy at once and brought out their best jokes, and the professors, instead of punishment, assigned them an award.

Sirius stuck his back to some tree. There was a bottle in his hands with amber whiskey inside.

"I see you, Parker," he said hoarsely.

Emily sat beside a tree to Black's left, wrapped in her robe, so impenetrable, as if drawing all the light from outside. She had the same look as the last couple of months - focused and mechanical.

"I see you, too, Sirius," she said dully.

Black grunted and slid down the tree, scratching his jacket against the rough bark.

"Congratulations on brilliantly passed exams. I saw you with one old man from Aurors office. Have an offer already?"

"A lot of offers, Black."

"Where will you go to?"

"Away from people."

Sirius snorted. "Lily, Cissa, my brother and... Snivellus. Who would've thought?"

"Sometimes you should pay attention to those who attracts it the least."

Sirius, instead of answering, stretched out his hand to the left and the whiskey blurted inside the bottle. Emily hesitated, but still took it from his hand.