Chapter 39: Confetti for Hogwarts

"Hullooo," Eva Cavendish opened the door to her sister's 'cage'.

Beata measured her with a skeptical look, but remained sitting on the floor, tracing patterns with her fingernail.

"You're free, princess. The dragon is defeated," Eva continued and crossed her arms over her chest. Her thin, almost bony body froze on the threshold.

"I don't get it," Beata responded nonchalantly, carefully drawing out the words 'Dumbledore's dick was here'. "If they finally let me out from under house arrest, then... Did someone die?"

Beata smirked, and a smirk immediately slipped from her face when Eva didn't smile back.

"What the fuck, Eva?"

"I'll tell you everything," Emily Parker entered the room after the redheaded Cavendish.

"Where's Black?" Beata asked, despising herself for weakness.

"Unfortunately, he wasn't the one who died. Come on."

Beata walked past still motionless Eva. "Are you really upset, sister?"

Eva lifted her icy eyes and smiled crookedly, "I don't know what magic they used, but I never thought that teenagers are capable of such evil," her voice sounded quiet and serious.

"Get used to it," Beata snorted. "It's children."

✨✨✨

"Tell me, Parker, did you miss me?"

"Who in their right mind will miss your smug face?"

"Sure, how can Emily Parker be able to admit such weakness as sentimental yearning for a person? Were you looking at my pictures at night? Crying in your pillow?"

"I wrote your will and chose your coffin."

"That's my girl," Sprinkles grinned. "You've always been caring."

Remus rolled his eyes, watching as Beata smiled and Parker quietly grumbled.

"Where have you brought me, little monsters?"

"We're escorting you to your last journey," Emily snorted, pushing hard wooden doors.

Inside was a small abandoned room with unpretentious comfortable armchairs, an old locker and an unlit fireplace. A faded brown carpet on the stone floor had a very shabby symbol of Ravenclaw on it.

"This is the Room of Requirement," Remus explained. "Great place if you need to talk without witnesses."

"The room that takes on any shape you want?"

"Yes."

"Like, then, at the party ─ chic bar counters, decorations, carpets, first-class whores?"

"Yes."

"And you, Parker, wished this misery?"

"We don't need excesses," Remus said falling into the chair. "The situation is quite serious."

Beata threw her legs in heavy boots onto the last of three chairs, ignoring angry Parker hanging over her.

"So serious that Dumbledore canceled my indefinite imprisonment?"

"There was a suicide at Hogwarts," Remus gallantly gave his place to Emily and sat on the armrest. "Dumbledore ordered to release you only because yesterday Greyback's pack without any warning left Hogsmeade. We believe there's a direct connection here."

Beata for a while just looked at the Gryffindor chewing her lower lip.

"So, you're not kidding, wolfy," she said at last. "Voldy found a different way to influence the students and decided that Greyback would be useful in another place."