Chapter 33: Hogwarts Brothel

Hospital Wing, noon

When you're one of AB, you have to do a lot of things. Find out all the dirtiest details, select the most delicious ones and present them in the right way to the public, and then go unnoticed, masterfully covering up your tracks. And if nothing is happening around and it's impossible to get a single slightly interesting gossip, you need to create it yourself; it's harder, but more fun.

Since Narcissa partially left the game, it became much more difficult to act. Not to mention the unfolding war, the werewolves, the Death Eaters and Slytherins who had flown off the reels. It was necessary to use extremely dishonest, but proven methods. For example, with the help of improved Amortentia you can achieve the most interesting results. The use of it on already enamored students doesn't present any danger to their psyche, it just strengthens some desires.

It was very easy to pour a little potion into the medicine to one of the direct participants of events, after all, Remus Lupin had to find out long ago how bad it is to blackmail your exceptionally honest and noble rivals.

"Emily, I'm..." Remus sighed and stared out the window. He felt the need to apologize but didn't know where to start.

James, Lily and Peter tactfully retired, feeling that the guys have something to say to each other, but the conversation didn't stick.

"Dumb-ass."

"What?"

"Emily, I'm a dumb-ass. Helping you to complete the phrase, since you forgot the word."

"Why am I a dumb-ass?" Lupin rebelled.

"Because you're naïve and kind dumb-ass, worried about trifles."

"Turning Malfoy into a lycanthrope is not a trifle."

"Well, that depends."

"Sometimes your indifference to things like that scares me."

"It would've been much better if I was worried about Slytherin's slug, right?"

"Well..." Remus pondered. "No, it wouldn't. But you're distorting things."

They fell silent, looking out the window and trying to come up with a new topic for conversation.

"Nobody's here," Lupin said suddenly in a confident, quiet voice, and was amazed at his own courage. The thought, that so out of place came into his head, demanded to be immediately announced.

"What?" Emily looked at him in surprise.

"Only you and me," Remus was filled with never peculiar to him insistence. "What you started in the basement then... You can finish it now."

Unlike Lupin, Emily obviously was right in the head. She swallowed and grabbed a glass of water from the bedside table and took a sip. The taste of the water was unfamiliar, but Parker blamed it on medicines. The air unexpectedly smelled of fir-needles, books and coffee.

Maybe if her brain hadn't undergone the action of improved concentrated Amortentia, she would've immediately realized what she had done to herself. But the thoughts, heavy and unwieldy, tossed and twisted in her head, slowly but surely lining up in one particular direction.

"I... I don't understand," she said, and it almost sounded like a squeak.

"Yeah?"

Something snapped in Remus's head and he felt hot excitement rising from the tips of his fingers. His hand slowly and inevitably crept sideways and covered Emily's palm.

Emily looked silently and didn't try to resist, her eyes muddy and dark. The Ravenclaw leaned forward, slowly bending over Remus. He again felt the same smell, the smell of last night, the smell of a full moon, the smell of desire.