I didn't notice

ASH P.O.V

I was in my room struggling to find my blue green sleeveless button up with the iron on patch that said 'Lorenzo's Sporting Goods'. Lorenzo (the owner) is this cool, very stereotypical Italian or what he says "The big Italiano of Sicily" He had all these stories about how he was this huge competitive boxer in Italy.

And that he would fight guys twice his size (which I didn't know that was possible the guy's already bulky himself) with his signature move; uppercut to the gut, right hook, left hook, then uppercut to the chin resulting to a knock out. Luckily, he taught me it. Ha ha.

He's middle age now, in his four ties to fifties, he can't really help out as much as he used to so his grandson, Fransisco,  and I help. All the fighting caught up to him so his knees and sometimes his hip, or back, aren't what they're used to be.

But the thing was, in the middle of his career he just, quit. His wife (before they were married) met him, on a trip to visit her grandparents. They fell in love but she had to leave and so sadly she did, and when she got home he was waiting for her. And they were happy for many years until she sadly past away a couple years ago.

"There it is!" I pick up the shirt and shrug it on, buttoning up and tucking it to my destroyed, plum purple shorts.

And yes, I have been wearing my bra and a pair of shorts, these people have seen me in much less. much, much less. Naked, if you don't understand.

I run my fingers through my still damp hair from the shower. But as I was washing Kailem's  shirt and beanie before I got in the shower. I found a bit of hair die that I used before in the summer, it was this fiery blue, so I brushed it in at the middle of my hair to the end which ended a few inches above my hips. School's almost over anyways in a month or two, I could hide it until then.

To me it looks so fucking good, a light fiery, electric blue. The kind you see when you light alcohol on fire and it goes almost transparent ant the top, blending in with my hair. It made my dirt, muddy green eyes stand out with the swirl of light brown around my pupil.

Too bad I have to cover it up.

It gets exhausting hiding who you are sometimes.

And then I pick up my glasses and see it. The photo pictures. Of and Chris.

At the carnival when I first met him. He closed down the cotton candy both, to the many displease costumers, and just dragged me around to show me how to actually enjoy a carnival. We ends up at is old fashion photo booth. He'd pinch my hip making me squeal when it took the picture, I got mad at him crossing my arm with a pout as it another picture snapped, he said he was sorry, crushing me with a hug until I  forgive him. Silly faces and the last was him telling me to kiss his cheek and he turned the other the last minute, sneaky bastard.

It was the best I've ever had. I sigh, really, why did it had to end like this? I though we were gonna be like Lorenzo and Elissandra.

"Hey Ash-" I see Kailem run into my room snapping me out of the memories, "- we're gonna go eat before you go to- Babe what happen? Are you okay? Do I have to kill someone?" Be panics running towards me and kneel down with his hands on my knees, looking up at me with those blue eyes as I crouch over him.

"No, yeah, I'm fine," I smirk, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're crying." He says, in a duh tone laced with concern, wiping away my tears that I didn't even notice fall.

"Oh," I say with a light, fake laugh," I didn't notice."

He rubs my thighs up and down soothingly until he feels the photos in my lap, he looks down with an angry frown etched on his features with his fists tightening at the sight.

"I'm going to beat the sun of a bitch."

I put my hand on his clenched fist and the other putting his chin up to look at me, he does and his features soften and I shake my head. "Just-" I sigh, "- give me a hug, will you?"

He nod and we both stand up, he wraps his arms around me as I around his waist, burying me head in his chest sighing in content as he kisses my forehead resting his on top of it.

And we stay there for a few minutes until I pull apart putting a small smile on my face in appreciation, kissing his cheek I grab his hand and tug at it, "C'mon I have to got to work in twenty and I like to be early." I hold his hand and walk down the stairs.

"Where's Kasey?" I ask, looking at him.

"Movies with Damien." He sighs and rubs a hand over his face, pulling a part our hands and heading to the kitchen, "Hey you want something to eat?"

"No," I deny, probably for the first time  in my life. My mothers would probably be proud...anorexic. "I just, I don't, I just don't really care anymore y'know?"

"Yeah," he sighs nodding, looking down, "I know."

"Hey, but when I come back we'll have the whole experience! Ice cream, cookies, chips, popcorn and cheesy desperate movies, yeah?" I smile.

"Yeah," he smiles and I walk love to hug him, "I'd like that." He looks down at me.

"Are you sure you're find, I can just call in?"

"I'm fine." I don't believe him but I let it go anyway.

I grab my phone, keys, and skateboard and open the door, I look back at him.

"It's in the basement."

"What?"

"My boxing equipment, so don't break any of my shit and try and replace it like last time, I still remember that." I point at him.

He chuckles, "Bye, Ash."

"Goodbye, Kailem." I wink and close the door behind me.

I sigh, I guess we're both suffering from broken hearts.