Gone With the Wind

"Marzia, bring me a coffee dipshit!"

I stopped cleaning in the kitchen when I heard my master's voice from his office call for me.

I laid the clean tablecloth down on the counter I was washing and started the coffee machine to brew a fresh pot of coffee.

The machine whirred and spat out a stream of brown water before the machine abruptly stopped, a red light flashing.

I scanned the coffee machine to find that a part needed to be replaced, so I ordered a replacement before I went to my master's office.

Ulf was busy working at his computer and didn't even glance back at me when I entered the room, his hand held out for the coffee.

"Sir, the coffee machine is broken." I told him, watching as his body visibly tense in response.

"Fine, just check on the disappointment and don't bother me." Ulf snapped irritably as his fingers danced across the keys of his keyboard.

I nodded and left the room, walking down the hall to pause in front of the room on the right.

The door was slightly ajar, allowing me to peek inside where the only light inside was emanating from a computer screen.

Felix was on his computer at his desk with his headphones on, his blue eyes narrowed in concentration as he focused on whatever game he was playing.

"Felix?" I spoke up, causing the young man to pause his game and turn around in his chair to face me.

"Let me guess, Ulf told you to check up on me?" Felix replied snappishly.

I remained silent as he let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through his short white hair.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I asked politely, my hands clasped in front of me.

"Can you get me a new dad that cares more about their son than a stupid CEO job?" Felix muttered bitterly as he folded his arms across his chest.

"I can't do that." I replied apologetically.

"I'm twenty-eight, I shouldn't be living here still!" Felix exclaimed in barely restrained anger as he slammed a fist down on his desk.

"You have no money." I reminded him gently, earning a glare from Felix.

"I'm trying to follow my passion, but he doesn't understand! Dad only wants me to be just like him and mom." Felix huffed in irritation.

"They want you to take over for them-"

"But I don't want that, I want to make videos on the internet and make people happy!" Felix protested fiercely.

I remained silent and watched Felix fume, his expression unreadable as he returned to his game.

I retreated from his room and returned to the kitchen to finish my previous task, my focus wandering as I worked.

"Marzia, make dinner!" Ulf yelled from his office.

Once again I stopped cleaning and began searching through the fridge for food, only to find microwaveable pizzas inside.

I took a cheese pizza and closed the fridge before I placed it in the microwave, heating the pizza while I set the table.

Once dinner was ready, I pushed the papers on the table aside and placed the pizza by them before I went to get Ulf and Felix.

"Dinner is ready." I announced to Ulf as I poked my head into his office.

"I'll be there in a moment." Ulf answered gruffly as he continued working.

Felix had heard me and was already going to the kitchen, his headphones hanging around his neck and a duffel bag in hand.

I opened my mouth to ask about the bag, only for him to press a finger to my lips in response before he sat down at the table to eat.

Ulf soon came in an took a seat by his son, silently eating his food while occasionally glancing over at Felix.

"So, what have you done today?" Ulf questioned Felix casually as I sliced the pizza.

"As if you actually care." Felix scoffed under his breath, his response only audible to me.

"I recorded another video and it seems to be doing well." Felix told Ulf with a forced smile.

"Son, when are you going to grow up?" Ulf sighed, his voice tinged with disappointment.

"I have grown up, you just hate that I don't want to be what you want me to be! I'm not an android slave like Marzia!" Felix blurted.

Android slave? Am I not part of the family?

"Look, I'm fucking leaving." Felix stated coldly as he scooped the bag up off of the floor and moved towards the door.

"Felix!" Ulf called after him as the male slammed the door behind him.

"You stay right there." Ulf snarled to me before storming after Felix with a fiery rage burning in his eyes that I had never seen before.

I stood frozen in the kitchen with the pizza slicer still in hand, unsure if I should do as I was told.

Break programming and follow Felix?

Or

Don't move?