Freedom March

"We'll go." Marzia told me, Felix nodding in agreement.

"Okay, we're all loading up in the trucks again and heading back to LA to make a stand at the LA Plaza." I informed them, pointing to the six trucks being loaded with other deviants willing to march.

They exchanged glances before walking to the trucks, Felix slipping his hand into Marzia's and squeezing it reassuringly.

I smiled as I hopped into the truck they had gone into, the door shutting behind me before the trucks began the journey back to LA.

"Dude, we should totally take a picture while we're here! Anyone have a camera?" Chase called out, one deviant holding a disposable camera up.

"Get in close, pretend you like each other." Jackaboy teased, dragging me into the center of the photo while the other deviants gathered behind me.

"Would you do the honors?" Marvin asked me, offering me the camera with a flourish of his hand.

"Everyone ready?" I yelled, the deviants enthusiastically cheering in response as they situated themselves so they could all be seen.

"In three...two...one..."

Click

A photo was spat out of the camera, the film slowly developing while everyone gathered around it eagerly so they could see the photo.

Soon all thirty faces of those gathered in the truck became visible, all of their faces lit up with smiles.

"Hey, vhy vas I given bunny ears?" Schneep pouted, glaring at Jackaboy while he grinned mischievously.

"Loving the pose Chase." I snickered in amusement, Chase standing with one hip popped out and a hand resting behind his head in the photo.

"We support PMA, not PDA!" Chase laughed at Felix and Marzia, the picture showing them passionately kissing.

"Robbie love friends!" Robbie exclaimed happily from where he was sitting on the floor, Marvin showing him the picture.

"Ooh, pretty." Robbie gaped in awe, his finger tracing along every single face in the photo with a smile.

"No offense, but vhy did ve let Robbie come vith us?" Schneep whispered to me, the purple haired android not paying attention as he curled up on the floor and fell asleep next to JJ.

"He wanted to help, I wasn't about to deny him a chance to march for his freedom." I explained softly, JJ lovingly ruffling Robbie's hair.

"Jack...if I don't make it through this-"

"Don't say that, please." I interrupted, cutting off Jackaboy.

"Listen, I just want you to know that it's been amazing knowing you, and I know that the human Jack would be happy seeing what you've done to help us." Jackaboy continued before quickly walking to the other end of the truck.

I fell silent as I contemplated his words, Marvin silently pulling me into a hug and using the pad of his thumb to wipe a stray tear off of my cheek that I didn't even know was there.

"I can't lose you guys, you all feel like family to me and I've barely even gotten to know everyone." I blurted, swallowing hard.

"It'll be okay. I'd rather die by peacefully protesting my freedom with friends than being killed doing nothing." Marvin admitted, pulling his mask up to rest on top of his head.

Half of the skin that should've been covering Marvin's face was gone, revealing the wires underneath that shone with blue blood.

"I don't really let people see my face, but I figured you should before we..." Marvin trailed off, pulling the mask back down over his face.

"Why is everyone acting like we're all going to die?! Maybe the humans will be merciful and see that we don't want to cause any harm!" I snapped in exasperation, Marvin flinching slightly at my tone.

"I'm sorry, I just...people expect me to lead them, and I'm scared to let them down." I sighed, wearily rubbing my face with my hands.

Jameson got up from where he was sitting by Robbie and signed something to me, his expression hopeful.

"They expect you to lead them because they know you can. If you're anything like human Jack when he was alive, then I know you'll do great." Jackaboy interpreted, Jameson nodding in response.

"Jack, we're almost there!" Markus told me solemnly, his expression grim as he stood by the doors of the truck next to me.

"We're going to get out of this alive." Jackaboy confidently assured me under his breath, Chase, Marvin, Robbie, Schneep, and Jameson moving to stand by me and Markus.

"Lets use some PMA and get our freedom!" I roared encouragingly, the other deviants screaming back as the doors opened.

Police were waiting for us at the end of the plaza, their guns trained on us as we poured out of the trucks and formed a block, other androids from the streets joining our ranks.

As we started to walk forward, I shouted cheers out that the deviants around me repeated, the police sharing confused glances.

"Stop or we will be forced to fire!" One of the officers demanded as the other officers positioned their shields.

"If we stay here, they'll box us in and kill us all. Besides, they wouldn't dare shoot unarmed androids with humans watching." Markus whispered to me.

"But if ve stay back, maybe ve can just negotiate calmly and show zhat ve are villing to be cooperative." Schneep added.

Go forward?

Stay put?