War

Shutdown Imminent-Time Remaining 00.00.30

I knew that what I was doing was suicide.

00.00.29

I knew that everyone that had come with me would be at risk and that their deaths would be on my hands.

00.00.28

I knew that I should've just gone alone.

00.00.27

And now I was facing the consequences.

"Everyone spread out, we need to find the android rebellion leader and take his ass down!"

I flinched as footsteps passed by me, my hands coated in my own blood as I cowered in my hiding spot behind an abandoned car and wished I hadn't failed.

I failed freeing the androids from the camp.

I failed to keep my friends safe.

I failed to be the android Signe wanted me to be.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I saw a truck pull up, Dark, Mark, Host, Chase, Anti, Marzia, Wilford, an unfamiliar android in a gray suit, and Google running out and attacking the humans.

"Go...please." I pleaded quietly under my breath to no one as I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of gunshots mixed with the cries of humans ring out around me, not wanting to watch my friends die before I did.

My eyes fluttered open when I heard someone run up to my hiding spot, expecting to find a guard.

"Mark..." I whispered weakly, a light smile lighting up my face while Mark's eyes widened in panic.

"I need help over here!" Mark shouted, his voice cracking with emotion as he kneeled down by me.

Anti, Chase, Marvin, and Jackaboy ran and skidded to a stop by Mark, the four covered in a combination of blue and red blood.

"One of us have to give him a heart since we're all compatible." Marvin stated grimly, exchanging glances with the others as I closed my eyes.

I breathed in.

Time Remaining 00.00.10

I breathed out.

Time Remaining 00.00.09

"What about JJ?" Jackaboy suggested softly.

"I don't know how much time Jack has, but it probably isn't enough for someone to run back and get JJ's heart." Mark replied.

Time Remaining: 00.00.06

"Go f-free the...the androids." I directed through gritted teeth, my vision filled with red as everything glitched around me.

"We can't win without you, we need someone to lead us." Chase interjected.

Time Remaining: 00.00.04

"For fuck's sake." Anti grumbled as he tore my broken heart out of my chest, tossing it aside before ripping open his shirt.

"Anti no!"

Dark ran towards us, tossing his sniper away as he fell to his knees by Anti and grabbed Anti's hands in his.

Time Remaining: 00.00.01

I gasped as I felt my systems return to normal, Jackaboy laying against the car next to me with his chest open to reveal the hole where his heart should've been.

"S-save our people Jack...do wh-what...I wished...I...could've." Jackaboy breathed out before falling still, the light in his vibrant blue eyes dying out.

Marvin bowed his head in remorse as he held Jackaboy's limp hand in his, Anti breaking free of Dark's grasp with tears in his eyes.

"Jackaboy and I never got along, but that should've been me!" Anti yelled angrily, pointing at Jackaboy's body as Chase helped Jack to his feet.

"I-"

"Why the hell did you do that anyway?! The only time we talked was when you and I tried taking over the world years before I met Jack and argued about which of us would be able to!" Anti interrupted, pacing around as the others jogged up to us.

"We freed the androids, the president called an emergency evacuation of LA!" An android in a gray suit exclaimed.

"That's great news Connor." Mark chimed in as I closed up Jackaboy's chest, my hand resting on his shoulder.

"You saved the day Jackaboy." I whispered into the hero's ear before I stood up, Mark picking up Jackaboy's body so we could give him and any other android we could find a proper burial.

"Let's go back to the mansion and let everyone else know the news." Chase advised, Anti storming ahead into the truck while Dark watched him leave with a conflicted expression.

"He'll come around. He's just upset right now like the rest of us."  Mark assured Dark, patting him on the back as he walked with him to the truck.

I looked around me at all of the chaos our "peaceful" revolution was, letting out a long weary sigh before joining the others in the truck.

When we arrived, Markus was standing outside of the mansion with a grim expression, a tablet held in his hands.

"LA is being evacuated, isn't that good news?" I spoke up as I walked up to Markus, his finger hovering above the tablet before he pressed a button.

"My name is North, and I speak in the name of all androids when I say that we are taking this world by force. Humans once ruled it, but now it's time for their superiors that were once their slaves to rise to our true standing." An android with long dark orange hair declared on the screen.

"The message was broadcasted all over the news." Markus stated as he lowered the tablet, his eyes meeting mine.

"We're now part of a war that will either end in our extinction, or theirs."