Rescue Mission

A/N: Alright, I mentally feel ready now to come back even though it's only been a couple of days, which I know isn't a ton of time.

I have plot ideas for all of my current stories and for the new ones I'll be starting eventually, and I'm honestly excited about the possibilities.

Updates will be slower than usual with school starting and stuff, but they'll hopefully be more consistent than before.

With all of that said, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and the chapters that follow!

"Hello again Mark, it is good to see you."

I opened my eyes to find myself in a familiar white walled room with a small table in the center, the trim painted a vibrant orange and the floor made of a plush black carpet.

The sun shone in through the glass door and windows in front of me, illuminating my surroundings with its soft golden glow.

Standing in front of me was my director Matt dressed in a white robe with a light blue sleeve, his short brown hair clean as usual with his long beard neatly trimmed.

"There's been a report of a suspected deviant close to your location. Find them and neutralize them only if absolutely necessary." Matt directed sternly with his hands clasped behind his back, his cold blue eyes boring into my brown ones.

"You can count on me Matt, I will not fail you." I promised the male with a nod.

"And one more thing. Detroit has fallen to the hands of deviants as of a few hours ago, don't let Los Angeles suffer the same fate." Matt added tersely as I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes once more, I was standing outside of a normal looking white house, all of the interior lights off.

A light fall breeze blew past me as I examined the home, causing my black suit to billow out behind me.

House belongs to Mary and Bill Peterson, heat signatures only detect two people inside, android not spotted.

With my report and analysis complete, I moved closer to the house to search for the suspected deviant.

It wasn't hard to find.

I quickly spotted a BL100 model android with long brown hair and no LED open the kitchen window and crawl out, the android dragging an unconscious young boy after it.

I watched the android steal the family car and begin to speed off before I sprinted after the car and leapt towards it with my hands outstretched, managing to grab onto the bumper of the vehicle.

Police scouts that had been posted nearby were already racing after us through the neighborhood with alarms blaring, firing shots meant to stop the deviant flying past me as I calculated the best way to stop the deviant without hurting the hostage.

I slowly climbed up onto the roof of the car and swung to the side when a bullet burst through the roof, barely missing my arm by centimeters.

Deviant is armed.

I kept the analyzation in mind as I leaned down and pulled open the passenger side door, grabbing the arm of the now conscious hostage with one hand.

I scanned their fear stricken face as I lifted them up to learn that their name was Thomas Peterson and that they were age ten.

As the car whipped side to side, I tightened my grip on the car and the hostage as I glanced between the police and the deviant, knowing that I had to accomplish my mission no matter what.

I leapt off with the hostage in my arms when one of the tires was blown out, absorbing the brunt of the impact to protect them.

I ignored the blue blood running down my forehead from the scratch I had above my eyebrow as I got up, the hostage scrambling to hide behind me.

The deviant leapt out after us and rolled across the ground a few feet, unfazed by the wound on its leg as it charged towards me to reach the hostage.

The car drove on before crashing into the side of a nearby house, creating a large explosion of fire that began to swallow the home as the deviant limped on.

"My name is Mark!" I shouted at the deviant as I backed away with the hostage.

"Shut up!" The deviant snapped as it fired a warning shot at my feet, making the hostage flinch while I was unfazed.

The police were busy fighting to rescue the people trapped in the house, leaving me alone with the deviant.

I glanced at the gun and ran a quick diagnostic, learning that it was only loaded with one more bullet.

The police were still occupied and far from my position, leaving the hostage's life in my hands.

"You don't know what it's like to be treated like a sex object by humans!" The deviant hissed in anger, its brown eyes burning with rage.

"Look-"

I broke off when a helicopter flew overhead, its bright spotlight shining down on us.

The deviant squinted as it looked up at the light, the gun hanging loosely at its side.

With the deviant distracted, I had several options of what I could do to accomplish my mission.

Charge the deviant?

Stay to protect hostage?

Stall until police arrive?