Mistake

"Shit, Schneep needs to get his ass back here to help Anti!" Marvin hissed as we gathered by Anti's side, the black eyed android chuckling quietly as blue blood trickled down his face out of the corner of his mouth.

"It's...okay, I ki-kinda had it...coming." Anti remarked, his expression twisting into a grimace of pain as he held his hands over the steadily bleeding wound.

Jameson signed something to Anti as he smoothed his hair back from his forehead, a sad smile lights up his face.

"Hello Lieutenant!"

My gaze snapped up when I heard a familiar voice, turning to see Mark standing in front of Tyler with his black suit torn and bloodied, survivors from the LA Metro tunnels gathered behind him.

"Who's this guy?" Anti questioned Jackaboy, weakly gesturing at me.

"Jack, but not the same Jack we knew. He's been helping us get our freedom." Jackaboy explained.

"Huh..." Anti grunted, closing his eyes.

"I got Chase to somevhere safe-"

Schneep broke off when he saw Anti, kneeling by the android's side and hastily taking off his lab coat before holding it against the wound.

"He's losing a lot of blood, but I vill do vhat I can." Schneep stated grimly, leaving with Anti in his arms.

"Move!"

I turned my head in time to see a bullet flying towards my face, leaving me paralyzed with fear as Mark pushed me out of the way.

Mark's blood sprayed across my face once the bullet grazed his side, tearing through the synthetic skin and causing blue blood to drip down his suit as he fell to the ground.

"Mark..." I whispered softly in remorse as I snapped out of my shock, looking up in time to see a red laser sight beaming down from a nearby rooftop and focus on me.

"Ooh, Robbie like pretty light!" Robbie gasped in child like wonder, tottering towards the laser sight with his arms outstretched.

With a loud bang, Robbie fell to the ground with blood flowing down out of the gunshot wound in his forehead.

"Robbie!" I cried, staying low and running for cover as the sniper prepared to take another shot.

"Jack...go."

I glanced back over my shoulder to see Mark stagger to his feet, blood dripping from between his fingers as he took off towards the building where the sniper was.

I crawled out and dragged Robbie's body over to where I was hiding behind an abandoned car, police officers and androids alike panicking.

"Robbie...scared." The purple haired android whimpered before the light in his eyes died, staring lifelessly at me as I cradled his body in my arms.

"It should've been me instead." I sobbed quietly, closing Robbie's eyes before carefully laying his body down on the ground.

I tensed up when I saw Tyler limp over to me, his gun in hand and his expression filled with anger and weariness.

"Relax, I just want to sit here for a sec." Tyler assured me with a grunt, slowly sliding down to sit on the ground beside me.

"Sorry about your friend Jack." Tyler apologized, gesturing at Robbie with a wave of his gun.

"Sure you are, you fucking asshole." I scowled sourly, refusing to meet his gaze as I looked at Robbie.

"Look, you should hate me, but I-Mark, still needs your help. He's hurt and facing the sniper alone, and I don't know how dangerous they are." Tyler blurted with desperation evident in his tone.

"What about my people here? Everyone's panicking, including your own men, and so many of us have died, I can't let more die because of me." I argued.

"Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it just takes and it takes. But you can make these people's sacrifices not in vain." Tyler replied gently.

"But..." I trailed off as I looked over the top of the car, feeling a twinge of anger directed at myself as I viewed the carnage I was hiding from.

The androids left alive, including Marvin, Jackaboy, JJ, and Schneep, were being taken to camps across LA, the officers believing Tyler to be dead while the androids thought I had abandoned them.

"Can you convince your men to let the androids go?" I pleaded Tyler, the male shaking his head as he used the ground to push him up to his feet.

"This is a matter of national security, I have no power. Hell, if anyone found out I was with you and not killing you, I'd be fired and then probably killed for treason." Tyler admitted.

"I understand...what the hell do I do now?" I muttered under my breath, rubbing my face with my hands in exasperation.

"It's your choice." Tyler shrugged, slowly limping away.

I watched Tyler leave as I stood up, looking down at Robbie before I forced myself to look away and focus on the decision I had to make.

Help Mark?

Follow officers to camp?