New Team

The words "protect hostage" hovered in the corner of my vision as I stood my ground, prepared to keep the hostage safe at all costs.

I stood back as the deviant looked away from the helicopter light and pointed the gun back at me, firing a shot into my shoulder.

The hostage screamed as blue blood splattered past them, his eyes wide in fear as I briefly glanced at my wound, assessing the damage as unimportant before returning my attention to the deviant.

After quickly scanning the deviant, I could tell that she had been taken apart multiple times due to the missing parts, most of her body dented in from being hit repeatedly with fists.

"There's no need to hurt him. You can walk away from this without hurting anyone else and getting shut down." I reasoned calmly, the hostage clinging onto my intact arm.

"The humans need to understand that we're people too! We are alive!" The deviant cried, gesturing wildly with the gun.

"These feelings are just errors in your software, I can help you!" I argued, taking a step back as the deviant advanced.

"I don't want to be helped, I want to be free!" The deviant shouted before running towards me.

I moved forwards as well, tackling the deviant and taking the gun from them before shooting them in the head without hesitation.

Blue blood slowly dripped down my suit as I stood up, tossing the gun aside and adjusting my red tie as the police finally came to help since the house was no longer aflame.

Police stared at me as I left, the words mission accomplished visible in the corner of my eye as I left the hostage to be taken care of.

I called a car to pick me up before I started my report to Matt, my eyes closing.

"You did well Mark. Pity you didn't keep the deviant alive so we could learn why it malfunctioned." Matt remarked, his gaze emotionless even though his voice was tinged with disappointment.

"I had to protect the hostage." I replied cooly, earning a scowl from Matt.

"You should've sacrificed yourself to save him then instead of killing the deviant." Matt countered tersely.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I apologized with a nod.

"Doesn't matter, you saved the child nonetheless. Report back to CyberLife for repairs, then report back once you're fixed." Matt directed.

I opened my eyes and stepped into the car waiting for me, staring out the window as the car drove away.

"RK800 model identified." An automated voice spoke as I stepped into CyberLife, guards escorting me to be fixed.

Waiting in the lobby was a woman with dark skin and long raven black hair in a braided bun I had never seen before, her brown eyes scrutinizing me.

"Mark, I've heard a lot about you from your director." The woman greeted me with a cold smile.

"My name is Amanda, I'm the director at CyberLife in Detroit. I look forward to working with you to free Detroit from deviants." The woman introduced herself.

"I'm happy to help." I replied politely before the guards prodded me on.

After some quick repairs to my damaged arm, I reported to Matt like he wanted.

"Good to see you're better." Matt greeted me as I opened my eyes.

"Now, take a car to the police station to meet your partner. His name is Lieutenant Tyler Schied, he'll act as your partner to help stop the spread of deviancy." Matt continued.

I remained silent as Matt clasped his hands behind his back, his blue eyes boring into mine.

"Detroit police have completely evacuated the area. Make sure the same doesn't happen to Las Angeles." Matt warned.

I rode to the police station after my report was done, the station bustling with human and android cops alike.

"Hello, I'm here to see a Lieutenant Schied." I told the human receptionist as I stepped up to the desk.

"He isn't in today even though he's been assigned a case. He might be at the gym." The woman stated in a bored tone.

I nodded and turned to leave, already considering where I could start searching for him.

Downtown gym?

His house?

Not AliveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara