The Calvary

"Alright, so where should we start looking for this Anti guy?" I wondered aloud as we walked out of the train, glancing between the others.

Before any of them could answer, police began storming in and shooting any deviant in sight, screams and pleas for mercy ringing out around us.

Smoke filled the air as Marvin, Jackaboy, Schneeplestien, Chase, Jameson, Felix, Robbie, Marzia, and I ran towards the exit while the officers were distracted with the other deviants.

I hesitated when I saw the same officer that had interrogated me grab onto a deviant dressed in a red shirt and black shorts, his black hair covered partially by a gray beanie.

"C'mon Jack!" Jackaboy urged me, offering me a hand as he started to speed up.

I shook my head and ran back to the deviant, hitting the officer in the head with enough force to make them stagger back, allowing me to grab the deviant's hand and run with them towards the exit with the others.

We were almost there when I felt a bullet tear through my leg, causing me to cry out in pain as I let go of the deviant I had rescued and fell to the floor, blue blood pooling around me.

The black haired deviant froze by me as he glanced between me and the officers, hesitating before bending down and picking me up bridal style and running to my friends.

"Where are you going?" Chase shouted after him as he handed me off to Schneeplestien's arms, the deviant looking back over his shoulder at us as he ran towards the train.

"I have to complete my mission!" He yelled back fiercely, his voice sounding oddly familiar to me.

That was when I recognized him.

Mark.

Schneeplestien set me down on my feet and let me sling an arm around his shoulder so he could help me limp towards the exit, the doctor practically dragging me to safety.

"What about Mark?" I protested, fighting to turn back despite the officers beginning to chase after those of us trying to escape up the stairs.

"Who?" Felix interjected with a confused frown, ducking to avoid a stray shot that almost hit the back of his head.

"The android that saved me, his name is Mark, he used to be helping the humans hunt us down." I explained through gritted teeth, my injured leg glaring with pain.

"Going back would be suicide, there's no way!" Chase shot back at me, wincing when the screams of the dying deviants grew louder.

Once we were outside, I was surprised to see other androids ushering us towards an army of trucks waiting to take us somewhere safer.

The ground shook as a large ball of flame erupted from the metro, several shocked androids crying while others fell silent.

"What happened?" Marvin whispered to me as he was led to one of the trucks with me and the others in our group.

"I dunno, but I have a feeling that Mark had something to do with it." I replied, feeling a pang of sadness as I hopped into the back of the truck before the doors closed behind us, the army of trucks driving away as the police ran up to the surface.

"My name is Markus, and I'm here to help you liberate LA like how we liberated Detroit." A dark skinned android with one blue and one green eye declared.

"Who here is leader of this rebellion?" He added, scanning the crowd.

"He is!" Jackaboy chimed in, pointing at me while Chase held my hand up, smiling innocently as I shot him a death glare.

"What is your name?" Markus asked politely.

"My name is Jack." I answered, doing my best to sound confident as I stood up with my hands clasped behind my back.

"Well Jack, we are taking you and your group to Detroit so we can amass a peaceful protest and free LA. How does that sound to you?" Markus prompted.

I opened my mouth to answer, but paused when I thought of how much pain the humans had caused, rage glaring up inside me.

Peaceful?

Violent?