Disguise

A/N: Sorry I've kind of disappeared off of the map recently, my phone has shut down for good and I don't get a new one until December, so I'm at my public library writing this. Updates will be sparse, but I'll do what I can. I hope you guys can understand and bear with me!

"LA would be the safest choice." I told Felix, the Swede nodding in response.

"You should get rid of that." Felix added, gesturing to the LED partially hidden by my long hair.

I swallowed hard as I dug my fingernails under the LED, my breath catching in my throat as I slowly tore it off.

I winced as the LED came off into my hand, its blue light dying out as I let the LED fall to the ground with a metallic tink.

"Don't you think that you'll be recognized even without the LED?" Felix added worriedly as my synthetic skin covered up the wound.

"I'll find myself a disguise once we get to LA and get to somewhere safe so you can rest." I stated reassuringly.

"Great, let's find a bus to take." Felix declared, beginning to walk towards the nearest bus station before I grabbed his arm, stopping the Swede in his tracks.

"You just said that I could be recognized even without my LED!" I hissed sharply.

"Right, um..." Felix trailed off as he looked around them, my hand sliding off of his arm to rest at my side once I was sure that he wasn't leaving.

"What if we take a taxi?" Felix suggested hopefully, a frown tugging at the corner of my lips as I shook my head.

"Still seems too dangerous."

"Well what do we do then?!" Felix snapped impatiently, his blue eyes glaring into my brown ones.

"How much money do you have?" I asked Felix, the male dropping his bag onto the ground to retrieve the money inside.

"There's enough to get us out of the country and maybe get food at some point, but that's about it." Felix informed me as he stuffed it away once more.

"There's no going back to your house either, especially with there being a high possibility of cops searching around." I mumbled thoughtfully.

"What do we do then? Beg? Steal?" Felix repeated, his eyes widening in surprise when he saw my reaction.

"You're not actually considering that we start stealing or begging for stuff." Felix scoffed in disbelief.

"It's either that, or we find somewhere with a low profile and don't get food." I replied defensively.

Felix fell silent as his gaze fell to the ground, the Swede seeming to consider our options carefully.

"Let's just try and ask around to see if anyone knows where we can stay." I spoke up, Felix nodding in agreement before following me.

We walked around until we found an android with short brown hair and brown eyes standing under one of the android parking zones, his gaze distant as we approached him.

"Excuse me, we're looking for a place that we can spend the night. Do you know of anywhere near here?" I asked the android politely.

They only stared on without blinking, their LED blinking steadily 

I looked up when I heard a loud boom of thunder from overhead, a blue bolt of lightning flashing briefly in the dark sky.

"It's getting ready to rain, we should find shelter quickly so you don't get sick." I stated grimly.

"I'm not a kid, I'll be fine." Felix grumbled defensively, his arms folded across his chest.

We walked in silence down the sidewalk in search of other androids, a single android visible down the street cleaning the sidewalk.

"Excuse me, do you know of a place where we can spend the night?" I inquired the android hopefully.

He paused cleaning up trash to look at me before offering me a hand, his face expressionless.

I hesitated before I grabbed his hand and closed my eyes, my body jolting slightly as information flooded my brain. 

"What the hell?" I heard Felix murmur under his breath as I retracted my hand from the stranger's after a moment, my hand turning back to normal.

"But that's not even in this country, we need a place to stay for tonight!" I protested as I opened my eyes, only to find that the android was already gone.

Rain was pouring down from the sky, the cold drops soaking into Felix's clothes and dripping from his hair while I simply ignored them.

"N-now what?" Felix stammered through chattering teeth, his hands rubbing his bare arms in a futile attempt to regain feeling in them. 

I took a deep breathe as I reconsidered what options we had, none of them seeming good.

Steal money and find a hotel to stay?

Find somewhere abandoned to stay?