Alive

"I need to see where they are going, there might be other deviants there." I murmured thoughtfully under my breath, pausing when I looked down at my clothes.

Before following them, I ran back inside and found Tyler's gym bag by his desk, the lieutenant still helping other officers search the area.

Once I was dressed in a pair of black shorts and a red t-shirt, a gray beanie pulled over my LED, I climbed back into the air duct and crawled back towards where the deviants had escaped from.

I made sure to keep my distance and blend in once I hopped out of the air duct and landed behind the station, keeping my head down when humans glared at me.

The group of deviants soon arrived outside of the shut down LA Metro Line, the purple haired deviant retrieving a key and unlocking the gate.

Once they were all in and the gate was locked back up, I used the gun Captain Morrison had given me to shoot the lock off, allowing me to continue following them.

I stopped to listen once I reached the stairs, no one seeing me since they were occupied with what was around them.

The metro was falling apart and the lights barely illuminated the area, abandoned shops lining the platform and a train sitting on the rails.

Five identical AX400 models came out of the train and started talking to them, mainly focusing on Jack and the purple haired deviant.

I inched closer before hesitating, not wanting to risk them seeing me, even though I was in disguise.

The deviants eventually went into the train, allowing me to follow them into the train and held in with the other deviants.

The deviants went into a compartment separate from the other deviants, shutting the door behind them to mute their conversations.

I sat by the door and pressed my ear against it to eavesdrop, the deviants introducing themselves to each other before speaking of a man named Jack, who had died two years ago according to my quick research.

Nothing the deviants were talking about was anything important, but that didn't matter to me.

What mattered was killing all of the deviants here and putting an end to deviancy in LA once and for all.

When all of the deviants in the separate compartment opened the door, I quickly slid under the train out of eyesight, listening to them talk about finding another deviant named Anti.

That was when the police came storming in guns blazing, shooting any deviant in sight when they tried to escape.

My breath got caught in my throat when a deviant fell to the floor, their lifeless eyes staring into mine as blue blood leaked out of the bullet wound in their forehead.

I jumped when I felt a hand grab my arm, pulling me out from under my hiding spot and pressing a gun to my head.

"Mark? What the hell are you doing here?!" Lieutenant Schied shouted as he tore the beanie off of my head, revealing the flashing red LED underneath.

"I was trying to stop the deviants by following them to here." I explained calmly as Lieutenant Schied pit the beanie back on my head, unable to diagnose why I could feel something in me besides my coding begging me to help the deviants.

Jack came up from behind and hit Lieutenant Schied in the head, causing him to stagger back in surprise and lose his grip on me so Jack could grab my hand and drag me towards the exit.

The cries of dying deviants filled the area, police killing the deviants that were escaping the train.

Jack let out a pained cry as a bullet hit him in the leg, causing him to stumble and let go of me as he fell to the floor.

"Go, be safe!" Jack pleaded as I froze by him, bullets whizzing by me and hitting other deviants trying to escape.

"Jack!"

The deviants that had been talking to Jack only moments before were almost at the exit, stopping when they saw Jack on the floor.

Become deviant?

Finish my mission?