True Colors

I tore my gaze away from the sea of desks and officers milling about to follow Lieutenant Schied so I could meet the captain, the lieutenant glancing back at me with a scowl as he stomped up to the police captain's office and stormed inside.

I quietly slipped in behind him and closed the door behind me, Lieutenant Tyler nodding politely to the captain as he stood in front of their desk while I stood by the door. 

The captain had a long brown beard, short brown hair that appeared to be shaved on the sides, and black framed glasses.

His chocolate brown eyes briefly glanced over me before he focused his attention on the lieutenant.

"You wanted to see me Captain Morrison?" Lieutenant Tyler prompted, his hands clasped behind his back.

"You've been sent this android to help you with the android homicide cases by Cyberlife. It'll act as your partner until further notice." Captain Morrison stated.

"With all due respect Captain Morrison, I fucking hate androids and you know it. I refuse to work with this plastic douche." The police lieutenant replied as he gestured at me, the captain slamming his hands on the desk with a bang.

"You and I have never had a problem before now Tyler, so don't start with me now!" Captain Morrison barked.

"Ken, just get someone else to do the case!" Lieutenant Schied pleaded with a sigh of exasperation, Captain Morrison leaning back in his chair and rubbing his face with his hands.

"You're the only one I can trust with this! If the case isn't solved, then we could be facing a huge deviancy issue that would end in our downfall like Detroit." Captain Morrison explained in a calmer tone.

"But-"

"Tyler, please. This is only temporary." Captain Morrison interrupted.

Lieutenant Tyler growled under his breath as he glanced back at me, my expression neutral as he shoved past me and left the office.

I silently left after the police lieutenant, closing the door behind me and jogging to catch up with him as he strode towards a desk located far from the others.

"Lieutenant-"

"Listen, just because I'm stuck with you doesn't mean that I have to tolerate you. Do me a favor and shut up or I'll shut you up." Lieutenant Schied threatened, cutting me off as he sank down onto his chair at his desk.

I nodded in understanding as I stood by his desk, a female officer walking up to us with a smile.

"Hey Tyler, thought I'd stop in and say hi since I heard that you're having a rough day at work." The woman chimed in, offering the lieutenant a cup of coffee.

"You have no idea Amy." Lieutenant Schied muttered under his breath, shooting a glare at me as he took the cup.

"Who's he?" The woman apparently named Amy questioned, looking at me.

"My new android partner." Lieutenant Schied informed her with a scowl.

"My name is Mark, I am the android sent by Cyberlife." I greeted, Amy noticing my LED light.

"Well, um, it's nice to meet you...Mark." Amy stammered.

"Just sit down and do something helpful." Lieutenant Schied hissed, pointing at the desk across from his.

I did as I was instructed, Amy waving goodbye to Tyler before leaving us to begin our investigation.

"Here's something. There's a report of an android homicide in a house that's not too far from here." I spoke up, showing Lieutenant Schied the report.

"It's a good place to start." The police lieutenant nodded, standing up and heading towards the door.

I quietly followed after him, climbing into the passenger seat of his car and buckling up before he slammed on the gas, speeding towards the crime scene.

We soon arrived outside of what looked like a normal house, police already swarming it and taping up the area.

"Hey Tyler, glad to see that you could join the party." Private Nestor remarked, ushering us inside.

The body of an android and a human was lying next to each other against the living room wall, a bullet wound visible in the human's chest and the androids.

On the wall above them was the words "We Are The Same" painted with blue and red blood in Cyberlife font, the blood still fresh.

"When did this happen?" Lieutenant Schied questioned Private Nestor, the male kneeling down by the bodies.

"About an hour ago." Private Nestor reported grimly.

"Why was the dead android not mentioned in the report?" I wondered aloud, brushing my fingers against the blood and sticking it in my mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?! That's disgusting!" Lieutenant Schied yelled at me, Private Nestor looking sick.

"I'm analyzing the blood." I explained calmly, my analyzation revealing that the person's name was a twenty seven year old male named Robert Manderez and that the android was a standard house keeping model.

"Is this the android that killed him?" Lieutenant Schied asked Private Nestor, standing up.

"We believe so, there's no evidence of there being another android in the area." Private Nestor stated.

Stay and investigate?

Follow a different report?