Friend or Foe

I forced myself to focus on my mission instead of the emotions conflicting my mind, the sound of gunshots ringing out behind me and sobs from deviants filling the air.

I used the fire escape to climb to the top of the building, the sniper in the middle of putting away their weapons until they noticed me watching them.

The attacker was an android that looked exactly like me, his brown eyes glittering with amusement as he looked at me.

"Hello Mark, nice to see you again." The android purred with a smirk, standing up from their weapons case.

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded sternly, refusing to let them see how hurt I was as I felt my blood drip from in between my fingers.

"You truly don't remember me?" The android prompted, circling around me like how a lion would circle their prey.

"Well, my name is Dark, and before you were reset, we were partners. I was the bad cop, you were the good cop, and we never failed a mission." The android introduced himself with a bow.

"What are you talking about?" I countered warily, hoping to distract him so he wouldn't hurt anyone else.

"You got taken away after telling me that you had feelings for this human, Amy. I had turned deviant too, but I had to pretend that I hadn't so I wouldn't be reset." Dark explained with a nonchalant shrug, bending down to continue putting away the sniper.

"Why were you shooting at Jack? He's trying to get us our freedom." I interjected, Dark pausing as he looked at me.

"He's human, all humans deserve to die and go back to whatever hell they came from." Dark sneered coldly, latching the case of the sniper.

"You don't have to do this." I replied, readying myself for a fight as Dark picked up the sniper case and took a step towards me.

"Let me save you-"

"I don't want to be saved! I've lost everything that matters to me, the only purpose I have is to kill every fucking human I can so I can even the score!" Dark interrupted, his fingers curled into fists at his side and his brown eyes flaming with rage.

"That won't help androids earn their freedom." I pointed out, Dark looking away from me with a long sigh.

"Were we good friends in the past?" I continued, Dark chuckling quietly as he nodded his head.

"You and I had our differences, but at the end of the day we always had each other's backs." Dark stated.

"Then why don't we rekindle that friendship? If we were friends before, we can be friends once more." I reasoned, extending a hand towards Dark.

"But...If I were to be free, what could I do?" Dark countered, his brown eyes boring into mine.

"Anything. You can go back to being an officer, you can learn how to dance, hell, you could travel the world!" I exclaimed, Dark's eyes widening in wonder.

"I wouldn't have to be alone anymore." Dark murmured, dropping the sniper case in his hand onto the ground.

"Get away from him!"

I staggered back away from Dark in surprise as Lieutenant Schied and Jack appeared on the roof, Lieutenant Schied pointing a gun at Dark's head.

"It's okay, it's just a misunderstanding-"

"Bullshit, he killed Robbie and tried to kill me!" Jack retorted angrily, Dark closing his eyes as he hung his head.

"Do it." Dark directed Lieutenant Schied without moving, a single tear streaking down his cheek.

"What?" Lieutenant Schied frowned in confusion as he lowered his gun and kept his guard raised.

"I regret what I've done, and there's nothing I can do to redeem myself, so I shouldn't continue living." Dark shot back, his hand reaching for the gun.

"Woah woah woah, calm down emo douche." Lieutenant Schied retorted, holding the gun away from Dark.

"Look, I may hate your stupid fucking face right now, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't live." Jack argued, resting a hand on Dark's shoulder.

"Thanks...I think." Dark grumbled, striding towards the fire escape.

"Where are you going?" I called out after him, the android pausing on the stairs to look at me with a grin.

"I'm going to start redeeming myself by freeing the androids from those camps."

Let Dark come?

Leave him?