Revelation

I bit my tongue as I scooped up the spilled box of paints, dusting off my torn suit as I managed to escape the angry protestors by ducking into the bus, the protestors throwing rocks at me before the door of the android compartment shut and the bus started driving away.

I silently stood amongst the other androids gathered in the cramped compartment with me and kept my gaze facing forward towards the humans sitting in their seats, my fingers curled into fists at my side while my expression remained neutral. 

As soon as the bus slowed to a halt and opened the android compartment door, I quickly stepped out and walked towards Signe's house where Signe was standing on the porch waiting for me with an angry expression. 

"What took you so-wait, what happened to you?" Signe  shouted in anger laced with concern as she jogged up to meet me halfway to the door and took the box of paints before she gently caressed my cheek with her hand. 

"You're hurt." Signe murmured under her breath as she looked down at her hand now stained with my blue blood, the liquid dripping from her fingers to leave small blue droplets on the concrete. 

"Come inside, I'll clean you up." Signe instructed in a kind tone I had never heard her use before as she ushered me inside before closing the door after me and locking it with a soft click that echoed throughout the quiet house. 

Signe guided me to the kitchen and had me sit down in a simple wooden chair before she darted off to the bathroom to grab supplies to fix my face, leaving me sitting alone in the messy kitchen. 

While I waited for Signe to return, I stood up and started to wash the dishes and clean off the counters with a wet rag, the blue blood leaking from the cut on my cheek trailing down my face and onto my suit. 

"Stay still you idiot!" Signe laughed with a small smile as she returned from the bathroom and left the supplies on the table before grabbing my hand to stop me from cleaning, her other hand on my uninjured cheek turning my face towards her.  

"It is not necessary to repair me, I am still functioning." I told Signe as she took the rag I was using for cleaning to wipe off the remaining blood from my face, her eyes gazing into mine while she worked. 

"I know, I just wanted to." Signe replied simply with a shrug as she lightly tossed the rag back onto the table and wrapped her arms around me in a tight embrace that felt foreign to me, especially from her.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked with a confused frown as I stood motionless like a statue, unsure of what to do as Signe buried her face into my chest as if she wanted to hide from the world. 

"I know you're not the original Sean, but..." Signe trailed off with a long sigh, her words muffled by my chest and her body shaking slightly as she looked up at me with tears glistening like stars in her brown eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I interjected as she released her hold on me, allowing me to back up a step and process what was happening while she sat in the chair I added been sitting in before. 

"I had a boyfriend...his name was Sean McLoughlin, and I never really got over him when we broke up. The McLoughlin family had made an android replica of Sean after he died and filled its head with memories of them before they sent it to Denmark for me." Signe choked out in a barely restrained sob, tears streaming down her face and ruining her make up as she turned her back towards me.

"So...my mind was never moved from a younger model to this one...and everything I thought I knew isn't true." I summarized slowly as I leaned against the table, my mind whirling with thoughts. 

Signe nodded in response, her body trembling with silent sobs as she placed her head in her hands while I moved around the table and kneeled down in front of her on my knees so I could look at her. 

"Go...please" Signe stammered softly through quivering lips as she kept her gaze fixated on her hand where a spot of blue blood still remained, her hair drooping like a curtain in front of her face. 

I was silent as I watched her lift her head up to look at me, her eyes blazing with a combination of fury and sadness that I had never seen any human show before while I used the table to help me stand back up. 

Go?

Stay?

A/N: Should I stay or should I go? (Sorry, I had to)