Android Camp

"We need to find a way to get to Jackaboy and Marvin." I whispered to Schneep, the German nodding as he looked around us.

We were getting steadily closer to the machine, the mechanical whir of it causing me to feel uneasy as I shifted from foot to foot.

JJ put a hand on my shoulder, using his hands to tell me something I didn't understand before he ran towards the nearest guard and punched them hard in the face.

"NO!" Schneep screamed, fighting against me as I pulled the German after me and climbed the fence, helping him get over to the other side.

I flinched as a gunshot rang out through the air, JJ's body crumpling to the floor like a puppet with its strings cut.

JJ's ice blue eyes met mine before the guard he had punched shot him in the face, the light in his eyes dying out instantly.

Schneep sobbed as Jackaboy and Marvin came over to us, bringing us into the line so we wouldn't get killed by the guards.

"What happened?" Marvin asked me gently, Jackaboy hugging Schneep to try and soothe the crying android.

"JJ sacrificed his life so we could get over the fence to you guys." I replied numbly, the look in the mute's blue eyes as he looked at me one last time flashing in my mind.

"JJ..." Marvin trailed off with a sigh as he bit his lip, his blue eyes welling up with tears as he looked over at Jackaboy and Schneep.

"He was family, he won't be forgotten." Jackaboy promised his counterparts, his eyes blazing with anger as he glared at the guards.

"How can we get out of here?" I interjected quietly, looking around us for an exit we could use to escape.

"There's a truck filled with destroyed androids behind the camp that we can sneak into." Jackaboy stated.

"How vould ve get zhere?" Schneep countered.

"When an android is shot, they're brought to the truck by other androids." Marvin chimed in grimly.

"We can't sacrifice androids to escape!" I argued in a hiss, Jackaboy's head hung in shame as he refused to meet my gaze.

"There's no other way." Marvin told me softly.

"There has to be!" I shot back angrily.

"Ve are getting closer, soon ve vill be next." Schneep cut in worriedly, the line moving forward.

"C'mon, move assholes!" A guard snapped at us, roughly shoving us forward with the butt of his gun.

I stumbled forward with Schneep, Marvin, and Jackaboy, the four of us watching as our fate grew steadily closer.

"Maybe Jack will save us?" Jackaboy stated hopefully, no one else saying a word as we took another step forward.

"Last time I saw Jack, he was running away like a coward." I scowled, feeling rage flare up inside of me.

"No, Jack...he wouldn't abandon us, we're his family!" Marvin protested, his fingers digging into his arms.

"He's not the Jack you knew before." I reminded him gently, the android closing his eyes as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Ve are going to die, and I can't save anyone." Schneep murmured remorsefully as the line moved forward again, the sounds of the machine growing louder.

"If we are going to die-"

"We aren't going to die damnit!" Jackaboy snarled fiercely, cutting off Marvin mid sentence.

"Guys, ve are up, one of us has to get in." Schneep interjected, the four of us glancing at each other.

Marvin?

Jackaboy?

Me?

Schneep?