Help

I hopped out of the truck filled with other wounded once we arrived at Dark's mansion, helping those that were unable to move by themselves inside.

A glass chandelier illuminated the room as I stepped inside, a cracked mirror with a black cane lying next to it to my right and a staircase in front of me.

"Welcome to my home!" Dark called out from the top of the staircase, sitting on the rail and sliding down before hopping off to land in front of me with a grin.

"Thanks...where do I go to get fixed up?" I questioned, looking around as other androids filed inside.

"There's a bunch of rooms upstairs, that's where all of the spare parts and blue blood is." Dark told me, pointing up the stairs.

I nodded in appreciation as I trudged up the stairs, finding the room with spare parts so I could replace what had been damaged by the bullets.

"Mark, hey!"

I turned to see Anti and Chase standing in the doorway with Tyler, the trio appearing to be fixed and cleaned up.

"Chase? Anti? How-"

"Schneep brought both of us here, he knew of this place and figured that we would be safe here." Chase answered, gesturing around him.

"I was brought in the wounded truck because of this." Tyler added, gesturing to his heavily bandaged knee.

"Connor, I told you to stay in Detroit."

I came downstairs to see who Markus was talking to, standing close to the door as I eavesdropped with Chase, Tyler, and Anti following.

"It was obvious that my help was necessary, so I left North in charge-"

"She will start a war against the humans that we cannot win with so few of us left!" Markus interrupted sharply, opening the door to let androids that had been freed by whoever Connor was inside.

I shrank back to stay out of sight with Tyler following suite while Chase and Anti pretended to be talking to avoid suspicion.

"We will discuss this further. Right now, I need help taking care of the wounded and keeping supplies stocked." Markus sighed wearily.

"Where's Jack?" I heard Marvin cut in, an android dressed in a light gray suit going inside and shooting me a glance as he walked past.

"Jack and some others left for the downtown base about ten minutes ago. I've heard that their defenses are stronger and that there are more guards." Markus answered grimly.

"You should all come inside so you can be patched up and rest before our last stand." Markus advised.

"We need to help Jack. If what you're saying is true, he could be in serious danger." Jackaboy chimed in.

"I'll go with you."

I stepped outside with Connor, Chase, and Anti joining me, Markus shooting Connor a wary look before gesturing to the truck.

"Just be careful." Markus warned.

Marvin and Jackaboy hopped in the back of the truck while Schneep brought Jameson's body inside and stayed to help others, Tyler staying since he was still hurt and Marzia joining in the fight.

"You're going to a party and you didn't invite me? I'm hurt."

Dark walked outside with Wilford, Google, and the Host standing behind them, Google armed with a rifle stolen from a human guard while Wilford had a golden pistol, Host twirling a knife in his hands and Dark slinging a sniper over his shoulder.

"There's always room for more suicidal volunteers." I replied as I held a hand out to Dark, the dark haired android laughing as he accepted the help and sat by me.

Once everyone was inside, Connor took the driver's seat and slammed his foot down on the gas, sending the truck shooting forward towards the last android camp in LA.

Bodies of androids and humans alike littered the ground, pools of blue and red blood shining in the light of the fires caused by exploded vehicles.

"Everyone spread out, we need to find the android rebellion leader and take his ass down!"

Guards were scouring the area for Jack, their attention quickly drawn to our truck as Connor rammed through a block of humans.

The camp was still filled with androids, humans watching them with guns in hand.

Although the Host was blind, he attacked the humans fiercely at close range, dogging all bullets before decapitating his attackers.

Google and Connor shot at the humans with deadly precision without even looking at them, Google's brown eyes alight with a joy that creeped me out.

Wilford was taking out any human that got too close as he moved forward towards the camp, seeming like he was enjoying the chaos.

Dark had scaled a nearby building and was firing at humans from above with his sniper, the android always hitting his mark.

Chase was preforming trick shots with his gun, firing shots from over his shoulder without looking or sliding across a car as he shot.

Anti was armed with a knife and was taking out humans with cuts across their necks, his eyes ablaze with anger.

Marvin tossed razor sharp playing cards at humans that left deep cuts, his expression dark and his eyes filled with tears while Jackaboy knocked out people, refusing to kill them despite all of the pain humans had caused.

I froze when I saw a grenade land by my feet, causing me to hide behind a nearby car for cover before the grenade exploded.

"Mark..."

I looked to see Jack lying beside me, blue blood running down his chest from a bullet wound to his thirium pump.

"I need help over here!" I shouted desperately, Marvin, Jackaboy, Chase, and Anti running to my side.

"One of us have to give him a heart since we're all compatible." Marvin stated grimly, exchanging glances with his counterparts.

I watched Jack as he closed his eyes, his chest rising and falling with shallow breathes.

Marvin?

Jackaboy?

Anti?

Chase?

Let Jack die?