THIRTEEN

LAV-LAV AND WON-WON GET BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

Hermione groaned as she fell face first into her bed. She heard a laugh and turned on her side to glare at the wizard in the doorway. "Shut up."

"Look at yourself, Granger. You're a bloody mess!"

Hermione groaned again. "That's because I spent the afternoon chasing your godfather all over the castle. I sometimes wish he'd never learned to walk."

Draco laughed as he walked in and left a small bottle on the dresser. "Thank you, Granger."

"You can thank me by bathing the monster tonight," she grumbled.

"I already did, Granger. And I put him to bed. I'd tell you you don't have to go down for supper if you don't want, but Scarface and Weaselbutt might think I killed you and am in the process of hiding your body."

Hermione smiled into her bedsheets. "I'll go down," she said, her voice muffled.

Draco nodded even though she couldn't see him and left.

Moments later, Hermione rolled over and noticed the small bottle on her bedside table. She picked it up and held it to the evening sunlight floating into her room. The golden light made the liquid shine. She recognised the potion as a remedy for a hangover.

"Now, why would you have this on hand, Malfoy?" she mumbled. Then she shook her head and drank the potion. She decided not to look the gift horse in the mouth.

■■■■■

Hermione sat down between Ron and Harry, Ginny and Lavender in front of her, but she was distracted by the Slytherin table. Draco was missing, probably up in the Room of Requirement with the sleeping Tobias.

And then, quite suddenly, from her left, she heard a slight squeak. Ron was looking at the girl in front of him in surprise, and Lavender blushed furiously. Ginny caught Hermione's eye and smiled. "Lavender just asked Ron out."

"I didn't mean to!" Lavender cried suddenly.

"Wait, so you mean you don't want to date my brother?"

"That's not what I mean, you know that."

"Pardon, Hermione. She asked Ron if he'd like to grab a Butterbeer in Hogsmeade tonight before curfew."

Hermione smiled. Ginny was doing it on purpose, teasing Lavender so terribly.

Ron suddenly smiled at Lavender. "You know what, I actually wouldn't mind it."

Lavender's blush grew, but she grinned. "I'll pick you up in an hour," she said as she stood up. Ron smiled as he watched Lavender leave.

"Mate," Harry said, "she just asked you out."

"I know," Ron said, sounding amazed.

"She asked you out!"

"Oh, don't make such a big deal of it, Harry," Ginny said, rolling her eyes as she went back to her supper. "It's not like you asked me out."

"All right. Hi there, gorgeous. Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Ginny lifted her head, staring at The Boy Who Lived. "Mate, I'm your girlfriend."

"Well? Would you?"

Ginny sighed. "Yes, I would."

"Great, I'll pick you up in an hour."