THIRTY

A DOUBLE WEDDING AND A SURPRISE FROM LUNA

Almost a month after Hermione so very gracefully lost her bet to Luna, Draco found himself laughing at a letter.

Hermione looked up from her tea. "What's so funny?"

Draco dropped the letter in front of her as he passed on his way to the fridge. Hermione read it through and snorted. "Just like those boys to do something like this."

"It's not even a proper invitation," Draco said, holding a familiar bottle.

Hermione tutted. "So early? It's barely ten, Malfoy."

"Well, I've been up since three, so it's quite late to me," he argued, popping the cap off and taking a sip of the burning liquid. He smiled first at the bottle, then at Hermione. "Muggle intoxicants are fabulous, aren't they?"

Hermione sighed as she looked at the letter again. "You're right. What kind of a wedding invitations looks like that?"

"Come to Burrow this Friday," Draco said in a pathetic imitation of the twins. "Double wedding in backyard. Dress nice."

Hermione smiled. "Oh, come off it, Malfoy. Did you really expect the twins to do something normal? For all we know, George probably seduced Katie with card tricks."

Draco snorted. "Very original, Granger. Get dressed, you've got to drop Tobias at Andy's before you go in today. Ron's got a pile of work for me that should've been done last week, that git. I have half a mind to retire and get a job somewhere in the Muggle world."

Hermione smiled once again as Draco left the kitchen, only to return to grab his unfinished bottle and leave again. Still smiling, she folded up the ridiculous invitation and headed upstairs to wake Tobias, thinking about Draco sitting behind a desk and having to deal with telephones and computers. The image was rather amusing.

■■■■■

Percy Weasley stepped up to a podium and cleared his throat. He looked out at the people seated at the many tables in front of him, and then at his family, seated right in front. His gaze fell on two women and he began.

"Angelina, Katie, I would like to start out by welcoming you both to the family. Second, it's every man for himself in here. But that's okay, you seem to have survived well enough this long with two of the most frustrating people I know. I know you must love them enough to agree to a double wedding, but if you want my honest advice
. . . Split. Them. Up. I have grown up with Fred and George and I have been the butt of many, many pranks, but they have good intentions." He glanced down at imaginary cards. "I hope so, anyway," he muttered.

The Weasley twins shared identical grins as the guests laughed.

"I told you he can make jokes," Fred murmured.

"But, on a more serious note," Percy continued, "I wish you both -- err, all four of you -- the best for the rest of your lives, and I hope nothing ever comes between you, because, Angelina, Katie, you are part of our family for good now, and we all love you both dearly." Percy raised his champagne glass. "To the newlyweds!"

Everyone raised their glasses, echoing Percy. Hermione turned to the side and noticed Neville snatch a glass from his wife. "What part of no alcohol is hard for you, love?"

Hannah pouted. "It's only one glass," she whined.

Hermione poked Hannah's swollen belly. "It's only a few more weeks left, Hannah. You can stick it out until then, can't you?"