FIFTY

THE EPILOGUE

《《》》《《》》《《》》《《》》《《》》

SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
eleven years later

《《》》《《》》《《》》《《》》《《》》

"Oh, for God's sake, Draco. Stop kicking the wheels, it got us here perfectly fine. It won't do anything, anyway. It's a car, not a bloody horse."

"I KNOW THAT, YOU ASS-FERRET!"

Hermione froze in the middle of pulling a large black trunk out of the boot of the car. "Did you just call me an ass-ferret?" she asked.

"What's an ass-ferret?"

Hermione rounded on the eleven year old girl patiently waiting for her trunk. "If I ever hear that you called someone an ass-ferret, you better have valid reasons, young lady, or so help me God, I will ground you for two weeks."

"Honey, that's not how discipline works."

"Shut up, you just called me an ass-ferret. You don't get to talk."

The black haired wizard leaning against the car snorted. "An ass-ferret, Dora dear, is what Mum calls Dad when he's being . . . Dad."

"I see. So . . . Rosa can be an ass-ferret, then?"

"Dora!" Hermione scolded.

"Well, Hermione, you did say she could use it with valid reasons, and with a father like Blaise, Rosa can definitely be coined an ass-ferret."

"Draco!"

Tobias grinned. "We're going to miss the train," he said.

"It's only ten, Toby," Dora said as she checked her watch.

"Yeah, but with Mum and Dad having a go at each other now, it'll be ten fifty-nine when we move. Go grab that trolley, I'll pull your trunk out."

Tobias reached into the boot of the car and grabbed his sister's trunk. "What's in here?" he shouted. "A tonne of bricks?!"

Dora smiled as she returned with a trolley. "Mum said I could take my novel collection with."

Tobias heaved the trunk onto the trolley. "Dora, Dora, Dora. You're eleven years old. You'll have plenty of years to read all your books. Twice. You should be a little more excited for Hogwarts. I even nicked a special gift for you from Uncle Harry."

Dora's sterling eyes lit up. Tobias put a finger to his lips and passed her a heavy piece of folded parchment.

"No way," the young girl whispered. "I saw James with this over the summer, and he said his dad will never allow him to take it to Hogwarts. This is great, Toby! You're the best brother ever!"

She locked her arms around his middle and squeezed him. Tobias ruffled her platinum curls. "Listen, if anyone asks, you got it from Dad, okay?"

"Yes, sir!" Dora said with a salute as she stuffed it into her small bag. Then she pulled at Hermione's bag. "Mum," she whined, dragging the word out. "We're going to be late!"

Hermione seemed to suddenly remember why they had come to King's Cross Station. "Oh! You're right."

She turned back to the car to realise that her daughter's trunk was not there anymore.

"Come on," Dora wailed. "Toby already did everything."

Hermione smiled and kissed Tobias's cheek. "You, my little prince, are a blessing. Honestly."