THIRTY-NINE

FORCING DRACO ONTO THE RED CARPET

A little over a month later, Hermione was at the Burrow, teaching Arthur how to use the special features of the new car they'd all bought him together two years ago.

He was like an excited little child, so it took a lot of patience to teach him to use certain Muggle objects. He was still struggling to use his new cell properly, but he was getting there. In the meantime, he usually passed it to someone else whenever it rang, such as now.

It was flashing Percy's name and he handed it to Hermione as he went back to the very amusing device that Hermione told him was called a blinker.

Hermione answered the phone, but she barely managed a hello.

"Dad! Dad, I have a baby girl! Dad --"

"Percy, calm down!" Hermione almost yelled, a wide smile on her face. "Hold on, I'll pass the phone to Arthur so you can tell him yourself."

"Hermione, call Bill! And Charlie! And --"

"All right, Percy."

Hermione passed the phone to Arthur and hurried back into the house to grab her own. She dialled Fleur first, knowing the blonde would answer her phone with no delay.

"Hermione, nice to hear from you."

"It's been a while," Hermione agreed. "Listen, is Bill around? There's some news to share."

"Oh, are you and Draco --?"

"Fleur! No!"

The French witch laughed before Hermione heard her call for her husband.

"What is it?" Bill asked while Fleur echoed the question.

"Penny gave birth to a baby girl," Hermione said with a smile.

"That's wonderful!" Fleur cried.

"Did you call Charlie yet?" Bill asked.

"No, I'm calling him next on Percy's orders. Say, did Luna return to Egypt yet?"

"She's actually here now. Would you like me to call her?"

"No, just pass the message on. I've still got to call a few others. See you around, you two."

"See you, Hermione."

Hermione ended the call and immediately proceeded to call Charlie, followed by the rest of the brothers and then Ginny. After that, she called Pansy, then Hannah, and finally, Draco.

The Slytherin sounded traumatised at the prospect of another Weasley.

■■■■■

Hermione snorted as she closed Tobias's bedroom door. Draco was standing exactly where she had left him.

"I still can't believe you didn't want to hold her."

"Her name is Molly," Draco said. "Her grandmother terrifies me enough as it is, and they had to name the kid after her."

"Does the new Weasley baby scare you? Should I read you a bedtime story too?"

"There are other things I'd like us to be doing at bedtime."

"Oh, you dirty boy."

Draco leaned towards Hermione to kiss her, but her phone rang. "Ignore it," he said, sliding his arm around her.

"At least let me check who it is," she said, pulling the phone out of her pocket as Draco left a trail of kisses from her cheekbone down to her jaw.