THIRTY-FIVE

SCREWING WITH RITA SKEETER IS MY MAIN HOBBY

For the past four years, Tobias was never seen in public with both Hermione and Draco at the same time.

Hermione would go out with one of her friends and would take Tobias with. Sometimes Blaise would be taking Bailey out and would demand that Draco join him with Tobias.

Once, Hermione had joined Harry in looking for a birthday present for Ginny after she'd just picked Tobias up from the Burrow and Rita Skeeter had come up to her asking if Tobias was their son. Needless to say, they lied straight to her face and revealed the fact that they'd secretly been married for seven years and that Ginny is his third wife. They left before the reporter realised what they'd said.

The next time Rita saw Tobias, he was with Draco and Pansy and after screeching with laughter at the article Rita had written about Hermione and Harry, Pansy fed the woman a tonne of lies, stating that Tobias was the twin brother of the boy she had seen before and that she and Draco had never married but this boy was their third child. Rita was too confused to write an article.

The third time she saw him, he was with Luna and Rolf, and Luna very convincingly said he wasn't even there and that Rita was imagining seeing the black haired boy in the stroller.

Another time she saw him with Hannah and Neville, and a baby girl, where they spun some ridiculous story about de-aging and professors and things.

So when Rita noticed Hermione and Draco walk into a restaurant, each holding one of Tobias's hands, she wasn't sure if she should even approach. In the end, curiosity won her over and she walked into the restaurant, her paper pad and quill floating behind her. She sat at the bar counter and ordered a drink, watching as Hermione attempted to feed the baby boy some kind of soup while Draco tried -- he really was trying -- not to laugh at her frustration.

She studied them from her seat, still not entirely convinced her sanity could take another story about the boy. For all she knew, his name wasn't even Tobias.

If the boy wasn't there, she would've thought the pair were on a date. Draco wore a simple white shirt with a dark jeans. Rita couldn't help noticing that he looked incredibly good. Her gaze moved to the brunette, whose wild hair was pulled back by clips, otherwise free. She too wore a dark jeans, but it was paired with an almost blinding top that sat perfectly on her, exposing most of her shoulders.

Rita nodded her thanks to the bartender when he set her drink down and went back to her watching. Hermione smiled at something that was said and pushed Tobias's hair back and kissed his forehead. Then she moved the bowl from in front of him and gave him a sheet of paper and a set of crayons.

Rita's gaze immediately caught Draco casually grab Hermione's hand between the bottle of wine and their glasses and she narrowed her eyes. What if they knew she was watching? What if they were trying to make her write an article like the one she had last written that had resulted in her almost becoming a laughing stock? As soon as she realised how ridiculous her article was and that there was no way it could've been true, she publicly apologised for publishing it before April first. It was a quick save and she soon regained her title as a woman who knew everyone and everything.

When she next focused, their plates were gone and Hermione was feeding the little boy ice cream from the sundae she and Draco shared.

Gathering her courage, Rita approached them.

"Afternoon," she said as she sat in the seat across the little boy. He glanced up at her briefly before going back to his artwork.

Hermione and Draco shared a glance before returning the greeting.