FORTY-EIGHT

THE ARRIVAL OF TOBIAS'S NEW SIBLING

Carli stayed in London for a week, acquainting herself with Hermione's friends and family, and the Monday after her departure Luna had her twins, Lorcan and Lysander Scamander.

For his birthday, Draco received many sets of earplugs from Harry, Ron and Neville. Hermione laughed for quite some time, then threatened to burn the lot if they were used to block her out. Draco laughed with her, then joked about having to share with Rolf and Blaise.

Twenty five days later, Narcissa Malfoy closed her eyes for the last time and a sombre mood washed over the blond Slytherin. For the first time in years, he downed an entire vial of Dreamless Sleep potion in order to sleep peacefully.

A week after their anniversary, a massive argument broke out between Pansy and Blaise. It was soon determined that the cause of the argument was that Pansy wanted to name her daughter the way she, her mother, her grandmother and so on were named -- after flowers -- and Blaise wanted to keep his word to his mother but it seemed that no flowers bore Italian names. Luna laughed and laughed before she suggested the simple name Rosa. The baby in her arms gurgled happily and she was then named such.

Ginny Potter went into labour moments after wishing August a happy birthday, and little Luna shared a birthday with the second Longbottom child. Luna was rather touched to learn that the child's middle name would be her own. Harry joked that it was all he could to in return for having a rat named after him.

On the twentieth of September, Theo apparated into Pansy and Blaise's house -- he learned from his mistake and would never pop in uninvited at Draco's -- to inform them that his baby girl was born the day before. Once discharged from the Muggle hospital, Allegra introduced Caelia to the group of softly squealing girls.

On the twenty fourth of November, three children who were up way last their bedtime heard an angry yell, followed by repeated thuds. "I'm going to kill you, Draco Malfoy! Call Ginny now!"

"I'm calling! I'm calling!"

Bailey was the one who braved leaving the safety of her sleeping bag in Tobias's room to see what the matter was. She found Hermione on the couch, brandishing a broom, while Draco scrambled around, the phone held between his ear and his shoulder while he carried a bag and randomly threw things when Hermione shouted. Bailey rushed back into the room. "Toby Toby Toby Toby guess what?!"

"What? Mum and dad aren't fighting then?"

"No!" she shouted excitedly. "Your new brother is coming today!"

"Toby's gonna get a sister!" Teddy said.

"Brother!" Bailey shouted.

"Sister!" Teddy argued.

"It doesn't matter!" Tobias said. "I'm gonna be a big brother!"

"Like me!" Teddy said with a smile.

"Yeah, like you."

It was Bill Weasley that showed up to fetch the three kids. Teddy leapt excitedly onto his uncle's back while Bailey and Tobias followed like obedient children.

■■■■■

"Ha!" Bailey shouted. "I was right!"

"Damnit," Teddy said.

"Can I hold her, mum?" Tobias asked.

Hermione nodded, so Draco made the boy sit down before allowing him to carry the baby girl. She blinked up at her brother with big gray eyes.

Tobias stared at her, his own eyes just as wide. "I have a sister," he said softly. "What's her name, mum?"

Hermione's soft expression hardened, Lavender yelped, Harry squeaked, Draco froze and the baby laughed. "If your father goes missing, just know that I had nothing to do with it."

"It's not that bad, Hermione," Lavender said with a weary smile.

"She has five names," Hermione said flatly.

"Oh, like me!" Tobias said with a grin. "That's so cool. So what are they?"

Hermione smiled. It seemed that the fact that Tobias liked it made the entire fiasco a bit more bearable.

"Nymphadora Henrietta Narcissa Jean Malfoy."

"That's a bloody big mouthful," Tobias said.

"Hey," Hermione snapped. "I made a big mistake cursing in front of you. We're not doing that to your sister, understood?"

"Yes, mum," Tobias said with a quick nod. "Can we call her Dora for short?"

"I think that's a lovely nickname."